Author Topic: Hello from Sussex  (Read 3658 times)

avtur

Hello from Sussex
« on: September 24, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »
Hi all,
I’ve been bouncing my fingers off the black and white keys of a number of Yamaha keyboards for some 20 years (on and off) now and on the odd occasion I can hit the correct keys in the right order and something vaguely recognisable comes out of the speakers. My first encounter with the black and whites was over half a century ago in the form of piano lessons around age 10.

I haven’t played regularly for nearly two years for various reasons but having just landed from a long drawn out house move I now have an office at home, from where I work part time, which has a nice ‘keyboard sized’ empty space in it. My most recent keyboard was a PSR S 900 which I sold a few months ago while clearing the decks for the house move; it was sold with every intention of replacing/upgrading it after the move.

We’ve moved 250 miles south from Stockport to Scaynes Hill, near Haywards Heath in West Sussex. Now the move is complete I can start my search for something to fill the keyboard sized space I’ve created in my office; I‘m hopeful that I can stretch to a ‘previously loved’ Tyros5. I went to a Genos demonstration late last year, that was a real eye opener, unfortunately the move to the south east hasn’t left enough funds for such an indulgence. 

Which ever keyboard I get I don’t doubt I’ll find plenty of things to ask questions about, I can see this forum is going to be a great resource for finding answers. 

Offline panos

Re: Hello from Sussex
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 09:31:15 PM »
Wellcome to the forum Avtur  :)
Hope you find your self a keyboard in a good price.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:35:45 PM »
Welcome, Avtur! The hunt for a new keyboard is part of the fun. Good hunting!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 09:42:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum Arthur  8)

No doubt you’ll quickly find the keyboard of your dreams.

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

ekurburski

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 03:16:49 PM »
Good luck on your hunt.  I can't imagine being without a kb!