Author Topic: PSR 3000  (Read 3532 times)

summerbreeze

PSR 3000
« on: September 23, 2018, 11:08:42 PM »
Is it possible to record a song with the PSR 3000 & save it as a midi file?. I don't have a manual.
I'm not a keyboard player. But I was told it could be done.   Thanks   Larry

Offline Toril S

Re: PSR 3000
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:18:56 PM »
Hello, Larry. Yes, it is possible.
1. Press the record and start/stop button simultiously and start to play. Press stop when finished.
2. Call up the main screen and press song button. Tab to user and press save. Give the song a name and press OK :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 12:20:47 AM »
Hi Larry,

Here is a link to the UK Yamaha web page from where you can download the PSR-3000 Owner's Manual if you're interested.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=PSR-3000

The list contains both PDF and text versions of the manual.   Although the text version is much smaller, I would recommend the PDF one since when you view it on your computer, it appears exactly as it does on paper, but the big advantage of having it on your computer is that you can search for specific topics/words using your PDF reader's Search function (typically Ctrl+F). This makes finding things simple compared with relying on Yamaha's indexing within the document, which can be somewhat lacking!   ::)

Regards

Ian 

Offline Afton72

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 01:27:04 AM »
Larry,     Also don't forget the comprehensive lesson pages on this Forum, a lot of help there.

Good Luck,       Alan

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 01:08:59 PM »
On the psr3000 all recordings are midi files because it has no wav or other recording format and this is why it does not present you with a choice. This also means you cannot record a voice only the keyboard.
mike

ekurburski

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 03:25:34 PM »
Welcome/  You might want to check out the special forum for us 3000 users.  You have an extremely powerful but also complex kb that will do a great many things if you learn how to use it.  Istruggle with mine everyday but I also learn something new on it everyday!