Author Topic: Save Expansion Style to User Bank  (Read 2544 times)

augere50@gmail.com

Save Expansion Style to User Bank
« on: September 23, 2018, 12:12:02 AM »
Hi Fellas,
  I purchased styles from Gigastudios on Ebay.  They sound very nice.   Is there a way to select individual  styles from the USB and save them in my User Bank?
Thanks Frank

Offline overover

Re: Save Expansion Style to User Bank
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 12:52:15 AM »
Hi Frank,

I cannot find any Yamaha Styles on Ebay when using the search term "Gigastudios". Could you place a link to that Ebay site?

To copy Styles from USB drive to internal User drive, you can use the Copy function in Style Selection display (icon "File"). Please refer to Genos Owner's Manual, pages 38/39 ("Copying or moving files").

Best regards.
Chris
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:03:39 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

augere50@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 04:05:45 PM »
Very sorry about the name of the company.  It's Planet keyboards. 
    If I want to sav an individual style from any collection,  should I creat a folder--Label it and save it into the keyboard?   
   IS there a more efficient way.
Thanks.   Frank

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »
If by 'Expansion Style' you actually mean 'external' styles rather than ones contained within an expansion pack in the form of a 'PPI' or 'PPF' file, then you can select and play them directly from a USB if you like by tabbing to the relevant USB tab when you open the Style Selection screen.

However you can easily copy them to the User drive if you prefer using the same screen.

Once you have navigated to the folder on the USB containing the styles, you can touch 'Copy' and select one, or as many as you like to copy, then tab to the User drive, if necessary navigate to a folder that you want to save them in, and paste them using 'Copy here'.

If you wish, you can use an existing folder on the User drive to copy the styles into, or create a new one.  Alternatively you can actually copy & paste the complete original  folder itself from the USB to User using the Style Selection screen.  This will copy the folder and all the style files in it in one go.  Note that if you do this and there are also other types of file in the folder, only the style files will be copied using the Style Selection screen!

As Chris has already pointed out, there are instructions for this process in the section 'Copying or moving files' starting on page 38 of the 'Genos Owner's Manual'

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:42:19 PM by tyrosaurus »

augere50@gmail.com

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 11:34:49 PM »
Great!  That's the information I was looking for.  Thanks very much