Author Topic: update the Genos  (Read 3457 times)

Carlos84

update the Genos
« on: September 21, 2018, 10:19:15 AM »
 I am new at this Forum ,i just buy a Genos for my children  but i have a i mac computer ,i can not open the file to update the Genos with my computer ,what program  i need to open the update file ?
greetings from Holland.

Offline acparker

Re: update the Genos
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 11:57:48 AM »
Good morning!

If you are talking about the patch, (My Genos came as version 1.1, and I had to run the 1.3 patch.) you don't need to open it with a computer.  You simply unzip the file, and copy it to the root (top) directory of your usb stick.  With the Genos turned off, put in the stick, and turn on the Genos while holding down the start/stop button.  Eventually it will ask if you want to update, and to push the start/stop button to do so.  Then wait for the keyboard to reboot.

Hope this helps!

Adam

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 12:10:58 PM »

Firmware Installation Procedure
Notice: Do not turn off the power of the instrument or remove the USB flash drive during this operation.

1) Download the firmware
 a) Download the Zip file to the computer.
 b) Connect the USB flash drive to your computer.
 c) Extract the *.prg file and copy it to the root directory of your USB flash drive.

2) Connect the USB flash drive to the instrument
Connect the USB flash drive containing the downloaded files to the USB TO DEVICE terminal of the instrument.
Notice: Make sure that the USB flash drive is properly connected to the terminal. Excessive force or incorrect insertion may damage the terminal.

3) Install the firmware
 a) While holding down the STYLE CONTROL [START/STOP] button on the panel, turn the power on.
 b) Follow the message appears on the screen.
 c) When firmware installation is complete, press the power button on the instrument to turn it off.

When power on again, your Genos is ready to go with the new update. :)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Carlos84

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:21:55 AM »
i did that with a sony usb stick ,but not work my Genos not see it.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 08:43:43 AM »
i did that with a sony usb stick ,but not work my Genos not see it.

Hi Carlos84,

the USB stick must be formatted with FAT32 file system. NTFS, exFAT or Apple file systems are NOT compatible with Yamaha Keyboards. Please check the format of the stick and reformat it, if needed, on your Computer or (better) directly on Genos to FAT32 format. (All data on stick is deleted when formatting!)

Important: Be sure not to format the internal Genos USER drive by accident!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:47:29 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Carlos84

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »
thanks i will try again