Author Topic: memory bank  (Read 3233 times)

marc1956

memory bank
« on: September 14, 2018, 01:20:39 PM »
My first question.
ON my PSR 403E I find a memory bank 1 -2.  But I can turn the black wheel and find that I can choose more banks.
If I do a jazz organ in memory bank 1  I find this also in memory bank 2.
I cannot put another (for instance strings ) into bank to.  And I can't find out in the manual how I put voices into more banks.
Any help is welcome.

Marc

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: memory bank
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 07:16:10 PM »
Hi Marc,

The process seems to be explained fairly clearly to me on page 80 of the Owner's Manual. It also contains a list of the settings that are memorised in a registration.

However perhaps the following will make it clearer for you.

There are 8 'banks', each containing 2 registration memories, giving a total of 16 locations in which you can save a setup.

You can save different setups into each of the 16 locations, but you must first select the 'bank' by briefly pressing the 'Memory Bank' button. 

This will show the currently selected bank number (1 to 8 ) in the display.  You can use the data dial or keypad to change this if necessary.

Once the correct bank is shown you can memorise the current panel settings into one of the 2 button memories of that bank by holding down the 'Memory Bank' button and pressing button 1 or 2 as desired. The screen should briefly display 'Writing' as the setup is being memorised.  Note that if there is a setup already memorised in that button, it will be overwritten by the new settings!

By using this procedure, for example Bank1, button 1 can contain a completely different setup to button1 in Bank2, or any of the other 6 banks!

To recall and use a particular memorised setup, you need to remember in which Bank and button you used to store it!

Now select the correct bank if necessary by briefly pressing the 'Memory Bank' button, and use the dial or keypad to select the relevant bank number.

Once the correct bank is shown, press the relevant 1 or 2 button to actually apply the setup memorised in it to the keyboard. Do not hold down the 'Memory Bank' button when you press 1 or 2 or you will overwrite the setup with the current keyboard settings! 

Regards

Ian 

marc1956

Re: memory bank
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 01:37:21 PM »
Thanks Ian.

Marc