Author Topic: Style creation - bass line  (Read 3968 times)

Offline Keyboardister

Style creation - bass line
« on: September 14, 2018, 10:40:07 AM »
I'm trying to record a bass channel for an italo disco style which requires a bass line that goes from C to one octave up and back but whenever I play the recorded channel
it keeps playing as if I only played the lower C all the time without the "jump", how can I fix this?

thanks!
Genos

Offline mikf

Re: Style creation - bass line
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:05:01 AM »
Not sure what you are doing wrong, because this is pretty easy to do.
Select the style and variation you want to edit, select style creator, delete the channel you want to replace and re -record it. Save the style as a new name on the user or USB drive.
Best way to check it is working is to select the style you edited, ( make sure it is the new one not the original which will still be there if it is a default style) and then go into the mixer and lower the volume on every channel except the one you edited and play the style to see if it is working the way you want. 
If you are doing all this but it is not working check a few things - is there something within the parameters of the current style that limits the range of the instrument.  Easiest way to do that is to try doing it on another style and if it works, you then know that it is something specific within your target style and you have to find it.
Mike

Online overover

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 01:03:58 PM »
I'm trying to record a bass channel for an italo disco style which requires a bass line that goes from C to one octave up and back but whenever I play the recorded channel
it keeps playing as if I only played the lower C all the time without the "jump", how can I fix this? ...

Hi Keyboardister,

in this case, you have to edit the parameters "High Key" and/or "Note Limit Low/High" (in screen "Style Creator - SFF Edit"), as described in Genos Reference Manual, pages 21 -24.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:06:32 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline terryB

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »
Its great what you learn from the knowledgeable people on this forum  :)

Cheer Terry

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 08:21:45 PM »
ok I found a way to do it I just have to change the bass lower key before *every recording* I make, its so frustrating otherwise it wont keep the setting...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 08:35:16 PM by Keyboardister »
Genos