Author Topic: [NEW] EDM Dance PSM Pack 2 - Style & Voice expansion pack for Tyros 5 & Genos...  (Read 54847 times)

tin4390

Dear our friends !
Are you prepared to be surprised by a new product?
We are pleased to announce that we have launched a new and unique product – EDM DANCE PSM PACK 2.0 – and are very exciting about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HadAKUrPQRg

Pack Features:
Total 120MB memory Expansion
More than 200 EDM Voices (Heavy Synthesizer, Synth Lead,  Punchy Sync Bass, Pluck, Bell...)
10 Dance and EDM Drum and FX Kit (Hiphop Kit, EDM Kit, 80's Kit)...
35 Pro Dance Styles covered from world class DJ as KSHMR, Allan Walker, Tiesto, The Fat Rat...
Each intro and ending button from Pro Dance Styles support Minor and Major chord at the same time (similar to Yamaha Preset Styles)
All styles come with One Touch Setting (OTS) support
Bonus more 30 dance styles from Version 1
Compatible with: Yamaha PSR S770, S970, S775, S975, A3000 - Tyros 5 & Genos

Regards,
Tin

Offline Eric, B

I bought it.
Its awesome.
Highly recommend it.  ;D 8)
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

tin4390

I bought it.
It's awesome.
Highly recommend it.  ;D 8)
Eric
Thank you so much, next we will release a lot of style expansion packs. All of it will play with this Dance PSM pack 2.0
Hope you like it.
Regards
Tin

mosanazmi

Thank you so much

It is a very good job !!! You spent a lot of time, I imagine.

2 small questions
- You played on Genos on YouTube, will PSR770 users get the same results ?
 - Do your styles use your new voices or is it possible to load with YEM and play your new styles correctly without having to load your new EDM sounds (to save memory) ?

Soundphase

Offline zionip

Hi Soundphase,

Since the PSM expansion packs come with their own voices, the same results will be obtained using any of the supported keyboard models, which are PSR-77x, PSR-97x, A3000, Tyros 5, and Genos.  My experience is that they sound better on Genos due to more advanced DSPs.

The PSM expansion packs come in the form of .CPF and so are licensed only to one specific keyboard.  If you want to load the same packs on another Yamaha arranger keyboard, you will have to pay extra.

If you get the PSM styles without its accompanying voices in the expansion pack, you will have to spend a lot of time to find built-in voices for substitution.  For some styles, it is possible, but for some, it can be a problem to find suitable substitutes.

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: luan

tin4390

Since the PSM expansion packs come with their own voices, the same results will be obtained using any of the supported keyboard models, which are PSR-77x, PSR-97x, A3000, Tyros 5, and Genos.  My experience is that they sound better on Genos due to more advanced DSPs.
Total agree with you in this point! Dance PSM Pack 2.0 can use for all of the supported keyboard models: S77x-S97x-A3000-Tyros5 and Genos. We've tested on all of these models, and the difference is not too much.

The PSM expansion packs come in the form of.CPF and so are licensed only to one specific keyboard.  If you want to load the same packs on another Yamaha arranger keyboard, you will have to pay extra.
- We will give a special discount for another Yamaha keyboard if you buy an expansion pack from us before.

If you get the PSM styles without its accompanying voices in the expansion pack, you will have to spend a lot of time to find built-in voices for substitution.  For some styles, it is possible, but for some, it can be a problem to find suitable substitutes.
- Have no ideas about this, but I think you should install our expansion pack for the best results and support.

Regards
Tin

Offline Eric, B

Thank you so much, next we will release a lot of style expansion packs. All of it will play with this Dance PSM pack 2.0
Hope you like it.
Regards
Tin
Awesome! Cant wait .... ;D 8)
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline gary3917

What are the names of each song for each style that you have put together ? Can you please list them like you did with  style expansion

List of styles: Best of Modern Talking
01 - Sexy, Sexy Lover
02 - No Face, No Name, No Number
03 - Cheri Cheri Lady
04 - You're My Heart, You're My Soul
05 - Brother Louie
06 - Geronimo's Cadillac
07 - Atlantis is Calling (S.O.S for Love)
08 - You Are Not Alone
09 - You Can Win If You Want
10 - Do You Wanna
Tyros 5 (finally ),Tyros 4, Korg M3 88,  Kawia MP7,Casio PX 560 Cakewalk Sonar BIAB Cubase 5
Mackie DLM8 Keyboard stereo Powered speakers and subwoofer

tin4390

What are the names of each song for each style that you have put together ? Can you please list them like you did with  style expansion

01 - Sexy, Sexy Lover
03 - Cheri Cheri Lady
05 - Brother Louie
06 - Geronimo's Cadillac
08 - You Are Not Alone
10 - Do You Wanna
Dear Gary,
The styles in our Dance PSM pack 2 almost are not song style. You can use these styles to play whatever you want.
With Pro style in Dannce Pack 2, you can play Major and Minor chords in the same time.
Please refer to the attachment photos is  the list of styles - Dance Pack 2

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:43:40 AM by tin4390 »

The following users thanked this post: ludo willems

tin4390

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKrVnUtx4JY

Hi All! This's one of styles in my "Best of Modern Talking - Style expansion pack"
And this style pack is used the "Dance PSM pack 2". Hope you like it!
Regards
Tin

Offline Nickt5

I have bought these which I agree are good quality but for me there are limitations such that you cannot combine theses packs with other packs unless the other packs are CPF or PPF format.  For me this means that if I want to upload these to my Genos then I can but all my other expansion packs get overwritten which is supposed to happen but for me this is a limitation.  These packs are not capable of being saved from Yamaha Expansion Manager as a .PPI file.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:05:02 PM by Nickt5 »

Offline valimaties

He gives you CPI format?! It is not correct ;)

tin, you have to sell CPF format file, as every user to be able to insert it in YEM. This is the way Yamaha Music soft does, also!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Nickt5

That is correct - they are CPF and CPI but you cant mix them with other packs and then save the whole lot as a PPI.

Offline deepsae48

That is correct - they are CPF and CPI but you cant mix them with other packs and then save the whole lot as a PPI.
Nickt5
.cpi file is the installation file for your Keyboard only.
.cpf file you can import to YEM along with other .ppf files
You must  Import Instrument Info to YEM.
You can import .cpf  and import all the .ppf to YEM .
The  Genos _PackInstallData must be .cpi
When you have a.cpi in YEM, the PackInstallData must be .cpi , you can not create .ppi when you have a .cpi in YEM

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:19:12 PM by deepsae48 »

Offline Bill

Hi All

Although I do not think this site should be used as a "Free Commercial Selling Forum",  many seem to be confused about what is sold.

The CPF File that is supplied is Perfectly OK and DOES install with other packs in YEM.   
The reason it is CPF is that it is protected and Uses your own KB ID (which you supply when paying your money). This allows to to instal the pack on your KB only and not all your friends. You can only instal on the one keyboard so if you have two of more different ones luck is NOT on your side.

Regards

Bill
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:04:05 AM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Tankdave

I have purchased Packs from multiple sources and have NEVER had to supply my Keyboard Information.

I was seriously considering purchasing this pack but something don't seem quite right here, so I'm going to take a pass on it.

Offline Nickt5

I did purchase them and regret it now as there are limitations in combining them with other packs purchased from the likes of Yamaha and third party sellers - all of which are capable of being grouped and saved as .ppi install file.

Anyone else who I have bought from never asked me to send my genos instrumenting.n27 file before.

i wont be buying any more from them.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:59:15 PM by Nickt5 »

Tankdave

So if you upgrade Genos in future to V2 or V3, this pack will not work any more?

Offline Bill

So if you upgrade Genos in future to V2 or V3, this pack will not work any more?

Hi Big Dave

You are correct the pack will not install on a new KB. Unless Tin gives you a new pack free.

The ability to allow vendors to supply packs in a protective format is quite new (possible 18-24 months) Previous to this it was only Yamaha themselves that could do it.  There is nothing suspicious about it,  they are just trying to stop people selling there material on,

Bill
England

Offline valimaties

I don't know what Tin has gave to you, but protecting a pack with your instrument info is NECESSARY, when you buy a pack from third party. I also protect packs I gave to others free, even if it contains only a sampled voice. But in any case it can be used with other packs installed on their YEM without any problem. I don't think it's a problem from Tin, but is a problem on your installation process, you don't respect some steps...
I have multiple packs on my Genos, from YamahaMusicSoft site, which are cpf files, but protected by account user name and password (which is a protection process for files downloaded from YamahaMusicSoft site account only) and other cpf files which were protected by third party people with my Genos info file, to be used only in my keyboard. ALL files are working great on my device.

PS: Upgrading from Genos 1 to Genos 2 (and so on) is NOT an obligation for Tin to upgrade your bought packs, but an YEM conversion upgrade utility. It is Yamaha "obligation" to make the content working from a model to next model. As it was with upgrade process from Tyros to Tyros 2, from Tyros 2 to Tyros 3, etc, (Yamaha has released some voice conversion utilities), form Tyros 4 to Tyros 5, when it was introduced Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) and from Tyros 5 to Genos, when YEM was updated to convert correctly voices from old models to Genos. YEM update will bring the correct convertion tool for voices made for a previous model to current model. It is known that will not be available when a new model is released, but it take some time for YEM to be updated with the new conversion tool. This has happened with upgrading from Tyros 5 to Genos. Look at YEM update version history.

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:40:01 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Bill

PS: Upgrading from Genos 1 to Genos 2 (and so on) is NOT an obligation for Tin to upgrade your bought packs, but an YEM conversion upgrade utility. It is Yamaha "obligation" to make the content working from a model to next model.

Hi Vali

In fact no one has the legal requirement to make the pack work on another keyboard.

The condition of your purchase (ie one from a 3rd party with encryption set for a single KB) is just that ONE SINGLE KB.  Your statement would be true if you had bought a pack from Yamaha but not in this case.

I agree with all your other comments.

Regards
Bill
England

Offline zionip

Hi Vali,

The CPF file from Tin is only licensed to one registered keyboard.  I had to paid for both my Genos and PSR-S970 for the same pack separately.   The styles in his pack can only be played using the voices of his pack.

The CPF files I purchased from Yamaha can be installed on multiple Yamaha arrangers with compatible tune generators.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline valimaties

Hi Vali

In fact no one has the legal requirement to make the pack work on another keyboard.

The condition of your purchase (ie one from a 3rd party with encryption set for a single KB) is just that ONE SINGLE KB.  Your statement would be true if you had bought a pack from Yamaha but not in this case.

I agree with all your other comments.

Regards
Bill

Hi Bill... Yamaha has never left its users with custom voices unusable for the new model. For every keyboard upgrade, they ahve made conversion utilities or they have updated YEM. Look at when Tyros5 was released, a lot of users could no longer used their custom voices, until YEM has veen updated (several times) as they could convert their old data to the newly Tyros 5. The same thing happened when Genos has been released, as YEM has been updated to be able to convert custom voices from Tyros 5 or older model to Genos. So, I think they seems to feel "obligated" to release convertion utilities for its users. In other way, I tell you no one should buy the new keyboard, as they cannot use their custom packages, which is the most important thing :)

Hi Vali,

The CPF file from Tin is only licensed to one registered keyboard.  I had to paid for both my Genos and PSR-S970 for the same pack separately.   The styles in his pack can only be played using the voices of his pack.

The CPF files I purchased from Yamaha can be installed on multiple Yamaha arrangers with compatible tune generators.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul.
It is a normal process, to be registered to only one keyboard, because the protection is made by n27 file. Yamaha Music Soft protect their packages by ACCOUNT information, not n27 file. That is why your package downloaded from Yamaha Music Soft will work on almost every keyboard you have attached to your account or to your YEM installation. If you want to attach your CPF to a keyboard which has already attached packs from other account, YEM will not let you to do that. You cannot insert in YEM two packs from two different accounts. :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline zionip

Hi Paul.
If you want to attach your CPF to a keyboard which has already attached packs from other account, YEM will not let you to do that. You cannot insert in YEM two packs from two different accounts.

Hi Vali,

You are correct in the theory - but it contradicts my own experience.  :)

YEM checks for our Musicsoft account and password separately on the CPF packages for sure.

Once I forgot my original Musicsoft account and registered a second one and paid for some additional packs.  YEM checked for my second Musicsoft account name and password, but allowed the new CPFs registered with my second Musicsoft account to be imported, and together with the packs I registered with my old Musicsoft account, it generated a working GenosPackInstallData.cpi.  I registered the same n27 instrument file on both my Musicsoft accounts though.

Thanks,
Paul

tin4390

Hi all friends,
Thanks so much for your concern on my expansion pack.
- About the format, it's very clear on our products description. We just only give CPF and CPI file. With the CPF file, you can combine/merge with the other packs very easy. Some customers require the PPF file, it's too difficult for us.
- Each Pack just only can be installed in 1 keyboard (Based on Instrument info file). But all of our customer who purchased our pack before, they could get the discount code from us. If they require, we are very pleased to do this.
- If you upgrade to the next model (Genos 2 - 3 ...), it means we will also have major upgrades compatible with these new models (more voice and style with high quality). And feel free to contact us for the best offer.
- From now all of our voice expansion pack will be used for all of our style packages. We will release a lot of Dance 80's - 90's style packs and very New POP expansion pack with ~40 styles + OTS included.
Kind regards,
Tin

Btw, I want to share with some friends who have the misunderstanding about the expansion pack format:
What is CPI CPF PPI PPF, these files format is common knowledge you should know before handling with Yamaha YEM
1. PPF is the file using in YEM and you can do anything with it, add voice, remove voices, create news voices... and just only the sample maker have it. you can use it to export CPF, PPI, PPF
2.CPF: is the file using in YEM to merge with other Pack if you have CPF or PPF of that file to export to CPI
3.PPI: Installation file is exported from PPF which can be installed for ANY keyboard
4.CPI: Installation file exported from one or many PPF or CPF file together that can only install for a specific keyboard.

Offline Nickt5

Why not do a short video tutorial on how your style packs can be mixed with other packs and then saved so they can be uploaded?

I have never had any problems with style packs purchased from anyone else, even third party vendors. I don't think I am doing anything incorrect so maybe you should demonstrate which would help clear up and misunderstanding.

tin4390

Why not do a short video tutorial on how your style packs can be mixed with other packs and then saved so they can be uploaded?

I have never had any problems with style packs purchased from anyone else, even third party vendors. I don't think I am doing anything incorrect so maybe you should demonstrate which would help clear up and misunderstanding.
Hi Nickt5,
Thanks for your suggestion, the video tutorial will premiere shortly.

Offline Joe H

... Anyone else who I have bought from never asked me to send my genos instrumenting.n27 file before...

Actually it's quite common for third party developers to sell their packs as copy-protected software.  It insures that the buyer cannot share the packs with others and protects the seller's investment (a lot of work).

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Nickt5

tin4390

Actually it's quite common for third party developers to sell their packs as copy-protected software.  It insures that the buyer cannot share the packs with others and protects the seller's investment (a lot of work).
Hi Joe H.
Exactly! that's the reason why we can't send customers the PPF file. That's a big investment (time and money also) for all sample pack and style package.
What's happen when they share it free to all group and forum? Or worse, they will edit and resell your product. This happened to me before.

Offline Joe H

Hi Joe H.
Exactly! that's the reason why we can't send customers the PPF file. That's a big investment (time and money also) for all sample pack and style package.
What's happen when they share it free to all group and forum? Or worse, they will edit and resell your product. This happened to me before.

It's the people who have never (worked) created anything that think everything should be FREE (share).  It's been a BIG problem for the music industry and movie industry.   I'm working on some new Voices and Multi Pads that I might want to sell one day.  I've edited and remixed styles that I DID give away for free here on the forum. But I might not want to do that with my custom Voices and Multi Pads... and maybe even some custom styles as well.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Nickt5

I can buy a pack from Yamaha that I can save as a PPI with other packs so if they can do it then why not anyone else. It is also protected that it can only be loaded into YEM by the person who has the yamaha account as they need log-on details for the upload to work so again, if they can do it then why can't everyone else!

Offline Joe H

I can buy a pack from Yamaha that I can save as a PPI with other packs so if they can do it then why not anyone else. It is also protected that it can only be loaded into YEM by the person who has the yamaha account as they need log-on details for the upload to work so again, if they can do it then why can't everyone else!

It's the way YEM software is designed.  Yamaha made it possible for third-party developers to copy protect their work.

Are you saying that Tin's pack cannot be combined with other packs in YEM as a PPI file and can only be exported as a CPI file?

I ask this question because I have a PSR S970 and not a Tyros 5 or Genos.

Joe H

Offline Bill

Hi Nick

To add the the valuable info Joe H has given you --  Buying Packs from Yamaha is completely different from 3rd party vendors.

With the Yamaha one YEM Checks with your account to make sure it is a valid paid for pack. With 3rd party packs YEM cannot check with your MusicSoft Account to double check as the info is not there. Hence the facility that Yamaha has provided other vendors has to be different.

Bill
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 07:46:56 PM by Bill »
England

Offline Nickt5

All the replies are helpful but had the vendor provided better information about any limitations then there would be no need for any of this.

Offline luan

01 - Sexy, Sexy Lover
03 - Cheri Cheri Lady
05 - Brother Louie
06 - Geronimo's Cadillac
08 - You Are Not Alone
10 - Do You Wanna

Can you share these style?