Author Topic: SF2 Question  (Read 5607 times)

Offline stajkov

SF2 Question
« on: November 02, 2022, 12:25:00 PM »
Hello! Is there a way to combine 2 or 3 SF2 sounds in one voice in YEM?  And is thre a way to loop custom samples in YEM? Thank's!!!

Offline danand

Re: SF2 Question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 09:39:14 AM »
Unfortunately there is no way to combine SF2 sounds using YEM. As far as I know there is also no other 3rd party software (but I'm not sure in any case...)
Also it is not possible to create loop points for your samples on YEM. But you can easily do so using Yamaha's Tiny Wave Editor (TWE) . It is free, easy to use and do the job!
Do a quick search and you will found easily download links.

Offline Drsun19

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 05:10:31 PM »
You can do so by using Sample Robot. It's not cheap but if you use plenty of samples you can easily create them there.
Genos, Montage 7, Alesis Vortex Wireless 2, IMac 32Gb RAM, Lenovo Legion i7, Yamaha DXR 12, Cubase 10.5, Sample Robot, Style Magic YA, Keyscape, Omnisphere.

Offline danand

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 09:44:53 AM »
You can do so by using Sample Robot

You can do what with "Sample Robot" ???? Combine two or more Soundfonts (SF2) to one ????
Are you positive about this ???

Offline Drsun19

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 05:16:12 PM »
You can do what with "Sample Robot" ???? Combine two or more Soundfonts (SF2) to one ????
Are you positive about this ???

Of course. One method is to record all your samples in Sample robot (save them in wav)

Then you can import this again to Sample robot and this time saving it to .sf2

Another method is to record these waveforms in the same file (i.e.   one Piano from M1 VST and the other Synth Bells from Triton VST) and save them all together in .sf2

I hope this helps.
Genos, Montage 7, Alesis Vortex Wireless 2, IMac 32Gb RAM, Lenovo Legion i7, Yamaha DXR 12, Cubase 10.5, Sample Robot, Style Magic YA, Keyscape, Omnisphere.

Offline danand

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 07:03:00 PM »
So it not actually a simple "combination action" you have to re-record everything.
You can't just combine them using a a simple command.