Author Topic: New song... Strings with Choir  (Read 4488 times)

keynote

New song... Strings with Choir
« on: September 08, 2018, 02:35:40 AM »
Greetings everyone. It's Friday night here in the States and it just so happens I recorded a song today that I would like to post as a prelude to the weekend. I used the Genos preset 12-8PopBallad as accompaniment which I actually trimmed down a little by muting some voices. I am playing some Kino Strings and near the middle of the song I added some Choir voices (multi-track in real time) for added effect. Enjoy! Have a great weekend!  8)

PS: This song is in .wav format so it might take a while to load on the Box website.

Strings with Choir

Mike

The following users thanked this post: ibrox2

Offline terryB

Re: New song... Strings with Choir
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 08:38:11 AM »
Very nice Mike  :) Its Saturday morning here in the UK, and that was a pleasant start to the weekend
Cheers Terry

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 11:32:41 AM »
A very nice demo and I enjoyed it but I think you have posted it in the wrong place. I am sure it will be better in the song section.

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
Hi Mike,

This is a very nice song with a peaceful atmosphere. These voices and strings really sound great. Please do more numbers like this one.

I fully agree with you, some styles are so rich that they sometimes need some trimming down.

Have a lovely weekend  8)

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Offline Gloria

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
Mike, a very interesting performance, I especially enjoyed the way you paid attention to the phrasing of this song.  Enjoyed the entrance of the choir along with the strings.   ;D

Gloria

P.S.  It loaded fast!
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline rattley

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 11:31:20 PM »
Very Nice !!  Thanks for posting.  -charley

The following users thanked this post: gary3917

Offline gary3917

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 07:05:38 PM »
can i use this as a reg in my Tyros 5 ?
Tyros 5 (finally ),Tyros 4, Korg M3 88,  Kawia MP7,Casio PX 560 Cakewalk Sonar BIAB Cubase 5
Mackie DLM8 Keyboard stereo Powered speakers and subwoofer

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 07:59:47 PM »
Hello Mike! I loved the song. Beautiful performance!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

keynote

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 03:56:06 PM »
A very nice demo and I enjoyed it but I think you have posted it in the wrong place. I am sure it will be better in the song section.

Hi Eileen,

I have looked for a song section for the Genos before but the closest I found was the Genos Demos forum. If I'm not mistaken the Demos section is for various demos made by Yamaha on YouTube, etc., and not a song specific forum by forum members from my understanding. Although I could be wrong and if I am I will definitely start posting future songs in the Demos forum section from now on.

Mike 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:04:06 PM by keynote »

keynote

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 04:03:43 PM »
By the way, thank you everyone for your kind words!  :) I wanted to mention that I didn't use a Style as part of a custom registration but simply the preset 12-8PopBallad Style along with the OTS where the Kino Strings were on the 4th variation setting. Now, back to making music.  8) Thanks again for listening to my song.  :) Oh and I'm really sorry for not responding sooner. I've been busier than a cat on a hot tin roof.  :o Things have settled down for the moment so I'll be able to check in more frequently.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:10:21 PM by keynote »