Author Topic: Two Packs with The Same LSB in YEM  (Read 5152 times)

Offline dv01

Two Packs with The Same LSB in YEM
« on: September 03, 2018, 11:29:52 PM »
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to install a new pack and it has the same LSB as one of my previous packs in YEM.  Please help!!!

Thanks,

Offline Joe H

Re: Two Packs with The Same LSB in YEM
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 11:41:39 PM »
You can Import a pack (.ppf) as "Content" into another pack and make the 2 packs as a single pack.

But... You cannot exceed 128 Voices in any pack.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 02:39:31 PM »
... I'd like to install a new pack and it has the same LSB as one of my previous packs in YEM. ...

Hi dv01,

when you import a Pack to YEM, the Pack will automatically get assigned to the next free LSB. If Styles, Multipads and/or MIDI files are in the Pack, these files will be automatically adjusted to play the correct Voices.

After importing a Pack, you can change the LSB, if needed (by clicking "Change Bank Select LSB"). Important: Only the previously marked Pack (at "My Packs") can be dragged to another (free) LSB in that window.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 02:42:32 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline dv01

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 03:18:31 PM »
  Thanks Joe H and Chris for the info.  One thing that they sent me the cpf file and the styles separately so the styles will NOT recognize those voices in that cpf file, correct?  Thanks
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 03:26:45 PM by dv01 »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 04:16:16 PM »
dv01,

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. CPF is a copyrighted file. If you have styles that use a different LSB... and IF... you are the original purchaser of the pack (and not given to you by someone else) then you should be able to Import the styles as" Content" as I described above.

Another option is to edit the LSB number of the each Voice of the styles in a program like MixMaster.  So... getting these style for free is NOT free, you will have to do some work to make them play right.

;)

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline dv01

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 05:13:57 PM »
  Lol.  It was not free Joe.  Let me see if I can merge them together like you suggested.

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
.cpf file can not import as Content or merge

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 07:34:48 PM »
Here'a another option for you to try... YEM Content Explorer:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43547.msg344073.html#msg344073

You can either:
1. extract the styles from the .cpf and then Import them into another pack
2. edit the styles in MixMaster to change the LSB and keep them on your User Drive or USB drive

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:37:17 PM by Joe H »

Offline dv01

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 07:53:49 PM »
  Thanks deepsae48 and Joe.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 10:29:21 PM »
dv01,

If all else fails...

Install the 2 packs and pretend to edit the styles by opening Style Creator and save the pack styles to your USB drive.

I have done this with many styles that I wish to use Voices from 2 or 3 custom packs... it works just fine.

You might be able to take those pack styles you saved to the USB drive and now Import them as content to the pack you want, but if you wanted to combine the Voices of 2 packs then there would be no reason to do that. Any styles you save as User styles you can assign Preset Voices or Voices from any number of Voice packs you have installed.

;)

Joe H

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 02:18:28 AM »
...  I'd like to install a new pack and it has the same LSB as one of my previous packs in YEM.  ...

Hi dv01,

are the Styles you use with this PREVIOUS Pack stored IN this Pack or are these Styles stored SEPERATELY (e. g. on USB drive)?

IF these Styles are IN that PREVIOUS Pack, you can simply change the LSB of this Pack first (to free the needed LSB for the NEW Pack). The Styles in the FIRST Pack will be automatically updated to use the NEW (changed) LSB.

Then you can import the NEW Pack and (if needed) change its LSB, to fit to the NEW Styles that belong to this Pack.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)