Author Topic: Yamaha Keyboard PSR 6300  (Read 4709 times)

adair

Yamaha Keyboard PSR 6300
« on: August 22, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »
I recently bought a Yamaha Psr 6300 keyboard. It was idle for a long time. Apparently, the keyboard is in great condition. All tones and keys work perfectly. However, the rhythm industry has two problems. The rhythm of the bass is out of control, that of the variation also presents problems. The drums and chords work when I select some rhythm. I think it's some integrated circuit chip. I already opened the keyboard, but on the main motherboard there are numerous chips. Here I live, there is no Yamaha assistance and there is no technician on the subject. I've already restarted the factory by pressing the C6 button and turning on the keyboard and nothing has changed. I ask friends ... I believe you have a chip responsible for the rhythm and the variation. how to find out which chip is damaged. Thank you very much for the suggestions

Offline pjd

Re: Yamaha Keyboard PSR 6300
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 06:47:19 PM »
Hi --

You can find and download the Yamaha PSR-6300 service manual from: https://elektrotanya.com/

This old hardware is always interesting. Yep, there's a separate chip to handle rhythm.

All the best -- pj

Online andyg

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »
The problem with servicing real oldies like this is that other than standard ICs and components, anything 'custom' is now unobtainable. Your only source might be another 6300 that's 'died' for a different reason.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

adair

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 07:38:54 PM »
Thank you Andyg

Offline valder

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 03:51:46 PM »
I also think that the solution can be in websites of used type, here in Brazil, Mercado Livre, OLX, just to get an idea I bought one on the OlX site for less than 100 dollars very new everything working, is stored as a relic, one of these that I started on the keyboards.
(translated by Google translator)