Author Topic: Genos Articulation Problem  (Read 3859 times)

Offline Depo1964

Genos Articulation Problem
« on: August 21, 2018, 01:57:12 AM »
This is the reason I have been asking about doing a Factory Reset.
Perhaps I should start here before embarking on that task.

This problem suggests to me that I do a Factory Reset to see if it resolves the problem.
At one point, the articulations were working fine... In fact, there is a topic on the website where I ask
if I can control turning off articulations.
Any and all feedback is appreciated.  Thx

http://www.dandepolito.com/images/Video/Articulation_Problem.mp4

Offline jwyvern

Re: Genos Articulation Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:49:08 AM »
Depo,
The Art1 button you pressed in the video gives the sort of articulation noise that is associated with some of the electric guitars and as you say is not the expected articulation for the Fluglhorn (assuming the latter was really loaded at the time) .
Make sure you don't in addition to the Flugel, have an electric guitar loaded and live in one of the other voice parts because if you do the guitar articulations will sound and override those of the, Flugel.

If you continue to have problems even though only the Flugel is loaded it is worthwhile doing a Soft Reset as it is possible this will realign the button memory to the correct voices without trying anything more drastic.
Turn off, hold down the far right white note and  while doing so, turn on the power.
You won't lose files but may have to reset some of your keyboard preferred settings if you had previously changed them from the defaults.

John
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:04:50 AM by jwyvern »

Offline AlBags

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:39:37 AM »

Hiya ..
To eliminate any other sound that is in the present loaded memory, try loading/making a blank registration set and loading that. Then just load the Flugel, and see if it behaves the same.
Only thing I can think of to try, apart from soft reset.

Al. 
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

keynote

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 01:56:04 PM »
This is normal when you have an S.Art Bass, Electric or Acoustic guitar selected for Left hand voice and Left hand voice is enabled. The S.Art 2 FlugelHorn will also articulate in combination with the Left hand voice in this particular situation. The articulation will function just for the S.Art 2 FlugelHorn when the R1 voice only is selected and when there is a non-S.Art Bass, Acoustic or Electric guitar selected for Left hand. Hope this helps.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:58:28 PM by keynote »

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 03:32:46 PM »
Thanks John, Al & Mike,

This is my first Arranger workstation and I obviously have a lot to learn.

Removing other sounds loaded into memory eliminated the situation, since it is not a problem,
but how the Genos operates.  It was my Bass that was creating the articulation.

Now i know to "first" try a Soft Reset when possible problems arise, since I won't lose any User data.

But shouldn't the Genos allow for specifying the particular sound that you want the articulation to work for?

Offline AlBags

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 04:08:10 PM »

I think I saw the settings somewhere to turn off Art. on different parts, but now I cant find what I 'thought' I saw!
I'm still looking 20mins later!
When I trytry an SA2 voice to LH + Flugel to RH part, Art.1 gives me a 'knock' , similar on Art.2, and both stay active (flashing) until I hit a Flugel note (which is loaded as RH part.) My knock is nothing like your sound, so I guess its affected by the sound you have loaded on LH? Try a Steel Acoustic Amp, and see if you get the 'knocks', and the flashing ready for the Flugen on RH.

Bit confusing 😊

Al

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 04:56:07 PM »
When I trytry an SA2 voice to LH + Flugel to RH part, Art.1 gives me a 'knock' , similar on Art.2, and both stay active (flashing) until I hit a Flugel note (which is loaded as RH part.) My knock is nothing like your sound, so I guess its affected by the sound you have loaded on LH? Try a Steel Acoustic Amp, and see if you get the 'knocks', and the flashing ready for the Flugen on RH.
Using an SA2 in LH (Classical Cello) and Flugel in RH, Art.1 does not give me a "knock"..
Actually all of the articulations 1,2 & 3 appears to work independently, regardless of LH or RH, as one would expect them to work....
Also tried an Alto Sax SA2 in LH, Flugel in RH and got the same results.... all appear to work properly.   :o

Offline AlBags

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 05:49:04 PM »

Yes ..

The SArt2 sounds .. if selected on LH and RH parts will activate for one, them flash waiting for the other hand. Then it goes out.

I found your button sound using aa SArt bass on LH part.

Quite why it makes a sound when button pressed WITHOUT a note played .. I dont know.
But mine does same!

A.