Author Topic: Rolling cart for Genos and stuff ?  (Read 3583 times)

Offline Al Ram

Rolling cart for Genos and stuff ?
« on: August 19, 2018, 05:00:23 PM »
Hello Friends

I did a gig yesterday and the place was a bit far from the parking.   So, carrying the stuff back and forth was a pain because i had to do several trips and then again when finished.  I was sweating profusely so had to change my shirt before start playing.

As usual, i am looking for your insight and recommendations to get a rolling cart suitable for:

- Genos in bag, dimensions 21 by 50 inches
- keyboard stand,  X type foldable
- 1 or 2 Bose L1's with base and speaker extensions
- 2 microphone stands
- 2 small bags with wires and stuff (mixer, microphones, ipad, etc)

I have looked at this option, but not entirely sure about the specific model and dimensions.   
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/R10RT--rock-n-roller-r10rt-max-multi-cart

also, the other thing that worries me is that there is only one 'floor' or level meaning that everything will be placed on top of everything if you know what i mean.   I think it would be best to have one intermediate shelve.

The other thing is that it has to be strong but light at the same time . .. . .

Your recommendations please . . .

thanks in advance
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline hammer

Re: Rolling cart for Genos and stuff ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »
I have been using the Rock N Roller cart for about 10 years and it is THE VERY BEST cart for your needs.  I have used it with about every keyboard you can think of plus a Bose L1 Compact speaker. 

I have the smaller model and it works great.  Some members here use the larger cart too.  I know Gary added the top shelf to his and likes it a lot.  He has posted pictures of his cart with his gear on it several times. 

Deane

Offline AlBags

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 05:31:50 PM »

Hey

Have you looked at Thomann site for ideas?
https://m.thomann.de/gb/index.html
Or here ... https://www.musicstore.de/en_GB/GBP

Al
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 06:11:38 PM »
No question in my mind - a Rock And Roller R-10 is all you need. I've been using one for more than 20 years and it is rugged, lightweight, folds flat for easy transport, and I modified mine with a top shelf which made it even better.

As you can see in the photo, on the bottom shelf is a Bose L1 Compact and room for the second one when I did larger jobs, in the green bag is my custom console, and the smaller red bag holds my headset mic and spare cables when the need arrises.

On the top shelf is the keyboard in a plywood reinforced case, two-tier keyboard stand, Bose L1 extensions, fan, and my keyboard seat is suspended by the upright transport arm.

Piece of Cake,

Gary

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:15:58 PM by travlin-easy »
Love Those Yammies...

Offline hammer

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:12:54 PM »
Al,
Look at this link.
https://rocknrollercart.com

I have the R8 model.  Gary has the R10 I think.

Deane

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 07:06:19 PM »
Al
thanks a lot.  I will look at Thomman site.  I have purchased from them before, but I am in the US.  Shipping is usually expensive from Europe but will look into their ideas. 

Deane,
thanks a lot.  I will go with the Rock&Roller cart.   Now, all i have to decide is between model 8 and model 10.   If the 8 can accomodate the size of Genos, will go for the smaller cart because my van has limited cargo space.    I like the additional top shelf . . . thanks for the link. 

Gary,
Great job in modifying your cart.   I will search for photos of your modification . . . if you have it at hand and can provide the details on how to do it . . . . that will be great.   It may beat the additional $100 for the custom shelf. . . . .

Thanks all

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

RF

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 07:15:27 PM »
I bought the Thomann-copy of the Rock'n'Roller-cart, and it works fine. The only change you should make, would be a PVC case for Genos instead of bag, it's not expensive, it's not so heavy.
It's because, you can put things onto the Genos and so the cart can carry your stuff better and be better navigated.