Author Topic: How to use all three intros/endings on PSR 2100?  (Read 6694 times)

Offline Toril S

How to use all three intros/endings on PSR 2100?
« on: August 16, 2018, 03:48:22 PM »
Hello friends! There are 3 intros and 3 endings on all the preset styles on my PSR 2100, - but only ONE intro and ONE end button. 
How do I use all three on the fly, while playing? (Missing my S970, but having fun playing the old, trusty 15 year old 2100!)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: How to use all three intros/endings on PSR 2100?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:27:56 PM »
Hi Toril,

Looking at the PSR2100 Owner's Manual, the section 'Selecting Intro and Ending Types (INTRO/ENDING)' on page 69 (english version) indicates that you can preselect the Intro and Ending played on your 2100 from the MAIN screen display.

On the MAIN display you should see a box next to the 'E' button which shows the currently selected Intro and Ending types.

Press the 'E' button and a window should open which allows you to select the Intro using the 'D' button and the Ending using the 'E' button.  I assume that each press of one of these buttons toggles through the available types.

Although the manual does not say so, you may have to press EXIT to return to the MAIN screes after setting your choices.

Once set, pressing the INTRO or ENDING button should trigger what you have selected.

However I assume that this procedure is intended to be used before starting a style playing, and I don't know if you can use it to change the selected Intro/Ending once a style is playing!  Even if you can, you would need to be pretty quick to make such changes on the fly!

However it might be worth trying to see what happens!  :-\

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: Toril S

Offline Toril S

Re: How to use all three intros/endings on PSR 2100?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 05:12:55 PM »
thanks, Ian! I found the menu on the main screen, but that is not easy to do while playing! I had hoped it was a quicker way. Guess that is one of the reasons that I bought a new model. I will be happy when my S970 is released from hospital! I find now that the 2100 had very good sound, but it has many shortcomings due to its old age. Now my workplace is full of floppies again. Thoes were the days :) :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page