Author Topic: Need Help with Multi Pad programming/effects  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Eric, B

Need Help with Multi Pad programming/effects
« on: August 12, 2018, 11:53:41 PM »
Hi all,
I love the Multi Pads and the ability to program short phrases that are difficult to play at times.
However I am frustrated at times with the recording process.
1. Not being able to create Multi Pad from SA or SA2 voices. Hopefully can be done with an update eventually?
2. Effects. I go into Multi Pad recording and choose a voice. So far so good. Now I want effects. I go into the mixing console and choose the effect. I play it and all is well.
Next I hit the record button and play the phrase.
When I play it back the effects are gone ... ???:(
Am I doing something wrong?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Regards
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline Joe H

Re: Need Help with Multi Pad programming/effects
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 04:32:59 AM »
Eric,

You can only assign CC94 Send which is the DSP1 Type(s) assigned to the style that you will be using the Multi pad with.  We cannot assign (any) other DSP processors to Multi Pads... unfortunately.  Even inserting the controller CC94 is an undocumented feature of Multi Pads.  We can also insert other controller messages for Expression, Attack, Release, Filter Cut-off and Resonance, etc to create other effects and to modulate or modify the MPs.

Another undocumented feature is to insert a second Voice message to alternate between 2 Voices in a single Multi Pad.  You can do this type of programming using MixMaster or in StyleMagic's Piano Roll. Just change the file extension from .pad to .mid (or just add .mid to the file name) in order to load the file into StyleMagic, then change the extension back to .pad when you are done.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 04:39:10 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 04:37:16 AM »
Hi Joe, I think Yamaha has a lot of things to explain.
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 07:44:31 AM »
Hi Eric,
Have you tried Michael's Padmaker Midi? You record what you want including SA2 voices into the midi song recorder. Then use the software to convert into a pad.
It's a long time since I used it (it was on Tyros 4) but I recall using an insertion DSP as well in the recording to boost the output of an SA2 Clarinet at the top end and I believe it continued to work in the resulting pad (unless I was fooled into believing it!).

John
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:45:56 AM by jwyvern »

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 06:46:54 PM »
Thank you all for taking the time to reply.
You gave me things to think about and try.
I appreciate it.
Regards
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970