Author Topic: Here we go again... :)  (Read 4765 times)

keynote

Here we go again... :)
« on: August 12, 2018, 07:22:33 PM »
I finished another song starring the Genos, well uh.. I mean Taylor Swift and the Genos for accompaniment. ;)  This is another attempt at showcasing the sounds of the Genos along with a vocal track. I used a midi with a few customized voices. There is an Organ, a Finger Bass a Distorted Guitar, Banjo(s) and a String section. I also used the ResonatorSlapBack acoustic guitar and for the drums I used the Revo RockDrumKit. These songs are primarily for people who might be looking for a high-end arranger and this gives them a chance to hear the Genos within the context of a song. Even though there are quite a few members on this forum who already have a Genos there are oftentimes visitors from other sites who quite possibly are interested in something along this line i.e. hearing an arranger within the context of a major country music star or some other well known singer in general. Anyway it's music and it's the Genos and it's for people who like music which seems to be most people on this forum right?  ;D 

You Belong With Me

Mike

Wouter1972

Re: Here we go again... :)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »
Great work Mike!

Love the the sounds you used.

p.s. Could it be that the vocale are somewhat out of sync with the track?

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 02:19:10 PM »
Hi - I'm curious where one gets the "a-cappella" versions of major stars doing their songs?  Is there a "repository" of such recordings, or do the artists actually sell their recordings w/o their band/studio-band etc. (a-cappella)?  I have occasionally found "band-muted-out" recordings online such as some old Beach Boys recordings (amazing to hear them w/o the band) ...

Great job on this one!
Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline AlBags

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:57:53 PM »
Yamaha use non-original singers for their Pianosoft Audio range ..
Some good .. some pretty bad. A load here you can sample the song too.
https://uk.yamahamusicsoft.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=pianosoft+audio

Failing that, extract the vocal from the song, or find unaccompanied version.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8JgH-88cvLQ

Al 👍
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:02:41 AM by AlBags »
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline AlBags

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 12:05:15 AM »

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 01:18:45 PM »
Great work, Mike. As Eileen mentioned, what are the copyright rules? I assume if you purchased the vocal track, you're in the clear but if you electronically lift the track...?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »
Hi jimlaing

A great repository (not free) is karaoke-version.com Play a little bit with custom backing player on this site (for demo version)... I think is best way to make also styles, because you can use loops from this site, or to hear each instrument and start writing each track in Yamaha's style creator.

I know are not the original voices, but you can have a very good lead voice or backing vocals on your Genos, with a couple of money :)

Karaoke-version player:

Best regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline BartW

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »
Sorry but clearly you can hear that the tempo occasionally does not match the vocals esp. in the refrain, presumably because you used MIDI tracks with rigid tempo whereas the vocals are, well, live.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 04:17:44 PM »
Sorry but clearly you can hear that the tempo occasionally does not match the vocals esp. in the refrain, presumably because you used MIDI tracks with rigid tempo whereas the vocals are, well, live.

No, Bart... I think entire audio track is not synced with midi tempo... This is because I think he used MultiPad for audio lead voice and he does not pressed the pad button in the same time with 1st beat of midi. The sync function of MultiPad it will be better to work also with midi. I don't use midis, but I saw there are a lot of people using them...

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline AlBags

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 05:01:36 PM »

It's ok for Vali ... He just hires Taylor Swift for a couple of hours 😂😂 👍

I dont think you stand any chance with a live vocal (especially acapella versions) which probably varies slightly all through.
Pad quantize not available, I think maybe 200m sec delay there.

Al