Author Topic: Yamaha Expansion Manager  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Normanfernandez

Yamaha Expansion Manager
« on: August 10, 2018, 04:37:54 PM »
I created a Voice Successfully,,
Just one problem.
The Voice is on Loop when I hold the note long

How I stop that?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

Re: Yamaha Expansion Manager
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 05:45:48 PM »
Hi Normanfernandez,

are you talking about a "Normal" Voice or a "Drum" Voice?

If it is a Drum Voice, normally the button "General" ---> "Receive Key Off" is NOT activated (color of the button is GREY). In this case, a sample is always played back completely, even if the pressed key was already released.

If this button IS activated (BLUE color), the Voice will receive the "Key Off" command when you release the key, and the sound will STOP. You can also try to adjust the settings in "Amplitude" ---> "EG" (altering "Release Time" and/or Decay1/2 Times/Levels).

If your Voice is a Normal Voice, there is NO "Receive Key Off" Parameter to set. But you can also use "Amplitude" ---> "EG".

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 06:03:53 PM »
I'll explain my problem a little bit more better.
I created a Piano Voice (Normal Voice)
After I saved everything. loaded on the keyboard.
I hold a note.
The Sampling keeps Playing On Loop
The Release Key off would work?

If it doesn't I'll let you know.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:16:09 PM by Normanfernandez »

Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 08:47:08 PM »
I'll explain my problem a little bit more better.
I created a Piano Voice (Normal Voice)
After I saved everything. loaded on the keyboard.
I hold a note.
The Sampling keeps Playing On Loop
The Release Key off would work? ...

Hi Normanfernandez,

you should connect your keyboard via (USB-) MIDI to the PC/YEM and adjust the Voice parameters in YEM (before you install the Voice/Pack on the keyboard). Then you can play the Voice directly in YEM. The sound comes from your PC speakers in that case.

How much time it takes, until the sound of a Normal Voice ends after releasing the key, you can specify via the parameter "Release Time" (at "Amplitude - EG"). ("EG" means "Envelope Generator" here.)

How much time it takes, until the sound of a Normal Voice ends, when leave the key pressed, you can specify via the parameters Decay1/Decay2 Level and Decay1/Decay2 Time.

By using the standard, so called, "Amp Envelope", the sound will play "endless" as long as the key is pressed (Both "Decay" points are at "Level 100").

Example: Please drag the two Decay points to the following values:

Decay 1 Time: 44, Level: 86
Decay 2 Time: 87, Level: 0

With this setting, the voice will stop completely after some time, when the key is pressed (because Decay 2 Level = 0).

You can also test these Amp EG settings by making a NEW Normal Voice and assigning the wave "C:\Program Files (x86)\Yamaha\Expansion Manager\waves\NormalVoice\SynthWave.aif".

Best regards,
Chris

P.S.
You can also play the Voice by using the virtual keyboard in YEM. But keep in mind: The generated Velocity (and therefore also the Volume) depends on the exact point, where you are clicking with the PC mouse!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:51:53 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 09:05:53 PM »
Hi Normanfernandez,

you should connect your keyboard via (USB-) MIDI to the PC/YEM and adjust the Voice parameters in YEM (before you install the Voice/Pack on the keyboard). Then you can play the Voice directly in YEM. The sound comes from your PC speakers in that case.

How much time it takes, until the sound of a Normal Voice ends after releasing the key, you can specify via the parameter "Release Time" (at "Amplitude - EG"). ("EG" means "Envelope Generator" here.)

How much time it takes, until the sound of a Normal Voice ends, when leave the key pressed, you can specify via the parameters Decay1/Decay2 Level and Decay1/Decay2 Time.

By using the standard, so called, "Amp Envelope", the sound will play "endless" as long as the key is pressed (Both "Decay" points are at "Level 100").

Example: Please drag the two Decay points to the following values:

Decay 1 Time: 44, Level: 86
Decay 2 Time: 87, Level: 0

With this setting, the voice will stop completely after some time, when the key is pressed (because Decay 2 Level = 0).

You can also test these Amp EG settings by making a NEW Normal Voice and assigning the wave "C:\Program Files (x86)\Yamaha\Expansion Manager\waves\NormalVoice\SynthWave.aif".

Best regards,
Chris

P.S.
You can also play the Voice by using the virtual keyboard in YEM. But keep in mind: The generated Velocity (and therefore also the Volume) depends on the exact point, where you are clicking with the PC mouse!
I guess I'll have to make a Video and show what I mean. 
I don't think it has anything to do with Decay

Cubase - Kontakt6