Author Topic: Next YEM update request-YAMAHA please  (Read 9971 times)

Offline metcam

Next YEM update request-YAMAHA please
« on: August 08, 2018, 10:54:38 AM »
My request for new YEM update is:

Copy/paste elements from one to another voice in existing pack.

Copy/paste drum note from one to another voice in existing pack.

We had that options on Tyros2/3/4 and I am missing very much that .

So please Yamaha do something about that.

Best regards.
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Re: Next YEM update request-YAMAHA please
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 03:33:57 PM »
I just hope the simplest is they upgrade the graphics.
Now almost everyone has a 21-inch Full HD screen, so they still use the same interface as the phone screen.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline andyg

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 06:32:28 PM »
Now almost everyone has a 21-inch Full HD screen, so they still use the same interface as the phone screen.
No they don't! I have many students with laptops and monitors that are less than Full HD. A few are still on 1024 x 768.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: Snicker740

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 12:43:35 AM »
No they don't! I have many students with laptops and monitors that are less than Full HD. A few are still on 1024 x 768.

Yeah, I agree with you on this. But most people already have a laptop with a resolution of 1280x720.
And the interface of YEM is too small for icons and does not use up the screen, it really needs to be upgraded to the graphics to match the current popular screen ratio.
Do you agree with me on this? right?
Genos + Motif XS7

Offline zionip

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 02:18:43 PM »
Unfortunately the native screen resolution of the Genos built-in 9-inch touch display is 800x480 only, which cannot be increased by YEM nor firmware.  The external video display scaling needs a lot of work - especially for fonts.

The native resolution of the built-in 7-inch touch screen of Ketron SD9/SD90 is also 800x480, but these models supports external displays up to 1680x1050 with very smooth scaling through DVI output.

Korg does not publish the native resolution of the 7-inch touch screen of Pa4x or Pa1000, I guess the resolution does not exceed 800x480.  However, the video output for external monitor/TV is RCA only.  When using NTSC output, the result is unacceptably blurred.  The PAL display option renders a much better result (720x576) with display that supports PAL video format, but still looks like playing Super Nintendo video games on old analog TVs.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline AlBags

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 11:59:56 PM »

Hi Paul ..

Yes, but Metcam is just referring to the YEM, I believe. It too could have a vastly improved interface.
The Genos screen is another matter, and TBH, I would have expected more when one compares the screen res and quality on larger smartphones, for instance.
I would hope for a lot better on 2nd Generation Genos. With the tech now, the res ought to be 3 or 4 times the present screen. HDMi is way to go tho I think .. and at least level 2.1 spec. (2017) Carries everything .. ethernet, audio amp return, multi channel sound, and now up to 10K display res.
DVI is old hat now. Too restrictive.

Al.

😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 02:40:39 AM »
Yeah ... Genos screens belong to hardware, things can not be changed until Genos 2 or 3.4.5 .....
We are talking about YEM, it is a software running on windows 10 modern but using the graphical rate of windows 95 era. Haha ...
We really look forward to yamaha listen and change the graphics, YEM's screen ratio.
Genos + Motif XS7

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 03:05:32 PM »
Would like to see the following:
When you first turn on your Genos, it reverts to the same exact settings that you had when you previously shut it down,
assuming it was a clean shut down.
You would think that Yamaha would be interested in streamlining work-flow..
I know that if I am working on some process and it's 1AM and I want to pick it up again the next day,
that when I turn on the Genos that next day, it will return me to the exact settings I had when I turned it off the previous night.
I'm hoping that perhaps there is a prefernces setting that I can make to do exactly this..
but I couldn't find it in either the Owners or Reference manuals.

Online Joe H

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 03:25:02 PM »

Best regards.

I would add a full compliment of DSP Types and Harmony / Arpeggio Types.  Come on Yamaha, give us the ability to make top-notch Voices in YEM.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 06:41:58 PM »

Korg does not publish the native resolution of the 7-inch touch screen of Pa4x or Pa1000, I guess the resolution does not exceed 800x480. 

Paul, the resolution of Korg PA4X is very poor in regular UI. Is not the same in Upgrade Interface, where the font is very clear, not elongate like in regular interface.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline AlBags

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 07:20:02 PM »

Users complain about the 3x (320x240) and the 4x on the forums. 4x is not good, I don't think anyone know what the screen res. is. At least it flips up tho. Yamaha should do this with next Genos.

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Bachus

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 08:12:52 PM »
Yem should be able to edit and save sounds directly on the keyboard...  i.e. Edit or create a voice inside the Genos... and then save it as a single new sound in the Genos...

Currently Yem is an offline editor, it should become an online editor...

beykock

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 08:36:37 PM »
Will Yamaha continue the production of the present touch screen as soon as the Genos2 will be introduced or ... can a tiltable touch screen be expected or ... will the Tyros5 screen come back again ?

Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »
Hi Deepo
   If you are working from a registration bank on switch off Genos will load that bank on switch on. All you have to do is activate the button you want and everything is there.

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 09:22:33 PM »
Hi Deepo
   If you are working from a registration bank on switch off Genos will load that bank on switch on. All you have to do is activate the button you want and everything is there.
Hi Eileen,
In my case, I am always working from a registration bank,which as you state will always load when I turn Genos back on.
Unfortunately, I do not use the Genos as most Arranger keyboardists do.... as I have 10 songs saved to one Registration Bank.
If Yamaha had been more precise in explaining how to Save Songs, I would probably have started saving just one song to each registration bank.
This being my first arranger keyboard probably had something to do with this as well....
All that being said,  I still don't understand why Yamaha can't remember all of my settings when  I turn the Genos off and have those same settings appear when I turn it back on..... Seems like a totally logical thing to do... at least set up a preferences function, where something like that is possible.
Thanks for the reply.

Online Joe H

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 02:57:27 AM »
Yem should be able to edit and save sounds directly on the keyboard...  i.e. Edit or create a voice inside the Genos... and then save it as a single new sound in the Genos...

Currently Yem is an offline editor, it should become an online editor...

Just like the Motif.  But that would require a whole new operating system and NVRAM to store several banks of "User Voices"

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 11:28:47 PM »
The ability to load one pack at a time In Yem Instead of waiting ages loading the lot. :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Ikspeel

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 09:19:12 AM »
Hope they put colors to the text screen
Chords:red
Text in black
This little option makes a great different for us to read

Offline metcam

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »

Best regards.

AGAIN:

Please Yamaha a lot of as missing These OLD known functions:

I am working currently on some project and is terrible work without this functions.

Thanks YAMAHA.
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Online Joe H

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 04:44:09 PM »
AGAIN:

Please Yamaha a lot of as missing These OLD known functions:

I am working currently on some project and is terrible work without this functions.

Thanks YAMAHA.

I agree completely.  YEM Voice Editor needs some serious updating to make it a pro-level editor. There is NO way for Yamaha to keep up with the needs and wishes of world-wide end-user, so why not give us the tools so the end-user can do for themselves.

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:48:27 PM by Joe H »

The following users thanked this post: metcam