Author Topic: Korg PA1000  (Read 4955 times)

terrykinross

Korg PA1000
« on: July 26, 2018, 08:19:35 PM »
Hi All , Wondered if anyone can tell me if the Midi to Style function on the Korg PA1000 that converts the midis to styles actually work as styles on Yamaha keyboards or not ?? Look forwardto any help on this , Regards Terry .

DonM

Re: Korg PA1000
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 09:44:40 PM »
No.  The function works pretty well on Korg, but it does not produce Yamaha styles.  Totally different format.

terrykinross

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 03:30:15 PM »
Thanks for that Don , Much appreciate it . Do you know if it converts all midis or just certain kinds ??? Regards Terry .

DonM

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 04:51:58 PM »
The quality of the resulting style is dependent upon the midi file used.  Some of them work great; others not so great.  However, it will convert all of them I've tried.
Some need more work after the style is created, such as changing sounds from GM to factory sounds, changing drum kits, adjusting volumes...

terrykinross

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »
Ok Don , I greatly appreciate  your help in this matter many thanks again  Terry .

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 10:54:26 PM »
Ok Don , I greatly appreciate  your help in this matter many thanks again  Terry .

Hi Terry
I never converted any midi songs to styles, but I do have some styles that probably have been created in that way as the intros and endings of "song dedicated" styles are like what I hear from some midi files I have.

If a keyboard has that feature it will of course create that style in the format of the keyboard.   

I used to have a program that converted other formats to YAMAHA STYLE FILE  format, but have not used it for years as one can find collections of other keyboards' styles converted to YAMAHA STYLE FILE  on the net.

So by creating a style from a midi file and then converting it to YSF format would give you what you are looking for.

I very much agree with the statement that some are good and some are not. The 8 bar intros and endings work better than
1, 2, 3, 4  as they do not have to "bend" to  the chords chosen while you play.  As a fact it seems even YAMAHAs own intros have been created for a major chord. The intro and ending is always excellent if a major chord is chosen. Many times if you want the intro, (let's say for St.Louis blues  or I love Paris where it must be minor),  to be minor, the intro is not as good as in major.

Cheers

Kaarlo

terrykinross

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 06:10:52 PM »
Ok Ken , Thanks for the info on that but I have now decided not to buy this keyboard for this reason  Regards Terry .