Author Topic: When can we see the next upgrade?  (Read 24929 times)

gerarde

Re: When can we see the next upgrade?
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »
It works very well for me "professionally".
I have been playing "professionally" since 1960.
I have backed up Chubby Checker, Bobby Rydell, and others, and played "professionally" in Nashville from 1987 to 2000.
And I have not found a better "professional" keyboard out there that sounds as good as the Genos or has the features that the Genos has.
If there is a better one, I would love to know about it, as I have tried Wersi, Ketron, Korg and Roland.

Regards,
Gerard

The following users thanked this post: Christophermoment, KeyboardByBiggs

Offline AlBags

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »

Hi

I dont think there is a 'better' Arranger Keyboard out there .. just different ones.
If Genos wasnt there, I'd have 'maybe' gone to a Korg PA (although I had no complaints about my Tyros5-76)

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2018, 04:51:44 PM »
Maybe I shouldn't comment here but I will give my "2 cents" anyway.

For those who haven't owned a "synth" or care to own one it is understandable that there are some musicians out there who "just want to play" while others want to create.  Creative people want to be able to do more than create new songs. For people with synths it's all about the "sounds".  Even Yamaha promotes this idea.  I have seen videos and read publications by Yamaha that state we can be inspired by a single sound alone to create a piece of music.  I think this is true... I'm a sound guy myself.

So... this back and forth about wanting a "synth arranger" is valid for some but not everyone.  Myself... I purchased a Motif Rack XS to satisfy my needs and am working on how I can integrate the Motif in a way that it becomes an extension of my arranger.  I've made a lot of progress on this attempt and just might publish an article for Joe W to include on the main PSR Tutorial site one day for those who are interested.

I seriously doubt that we will see Yamaha release an arranger/synth like Korg did.  But I would love to be proved wrong.

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:04:32 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2018, 01:23:01 AM »
Hi
Hook the Genos up with Cubase and vst Instruments
Pro as you like. Sky Is the Limit :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Bachus

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2018, 05:39:46 AM »
Hi
Hook the Genos up with Cubase and vst Instruments
Pro as you like. Sky Is the Limit :)

Cubase is not really best suited for that..

Mainstage has all the features you want from a live vst host..

Because you allready have a player and sequencer inside your genos..
You dont use most of the cubase features when playing
Cubase(or logic) however is very nice when creating comtent(midi) ..

Bachus

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2018, 05:51:30 AM »
It works very well for me "professionally".
I have been playing "professionally" since 1960.
I have backed up Chubby Checker, Bobby Rydell, and others, and played "professionally" in Nashville from 1987 to 2000.
And I have not found a better "professional" keyboard out there that sounds as good as the Genos or has the features that the Genos has.
If there is a better one, I would love to know about it, as I have tried Wersi, Ketron, Korg and Roland.

Regards,
Gerard

Depending on your wants amd needs...
Sonically i agree with you...
And even for the total package of an arranger i agree with you..
Genos is on top of the game..

But for me it still leaves much to be desired ...
Thats mostly because i am not stricktly an arranger player..
And allways combined my arrangers with an 88 key workstation..
I love playing and creating my own sounds and multi layer/split setups
And adding several,arp’s,to my styles..
Or recording my own style parts. And edditing them(midi) till perfection.
Because i am not the perfect player that plays everything in one take perfectly

But for a tradiional arranger player Genos has pretty much all the tools on board..
And it sounds Phantasic..

When i look however at my kronos and modx, there is quite some features i would love to see in the genos. Which would also make a great addition for traditional arranger players and hobby players in the long run...

Ikspeel

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2018, 07:00:17 AM »
Only thing i need
Song a midi + song b midi same time with a option to start the midi from a marker
So i can play medley
And for the style play i always have my textfiles in genos i hope they give us colors bv.red for chords,and black for text it would make Reading the textfiles mutch beter