Author Topic: DSP settings issue in Registrations  (Read 2199 times)

Offline jimlaing

DSP settings issue in Registrations
« on: July 20, 2018, 01:36:17 PM »
Hi - I finally have been able to reproduce the problem that some have written about, whereby settings for DSP (we believe) are not saved properly (or are changed inadvertently) in Registrations.  I had very carefully rechecked all of my Registrations after going up to 1.3 firmware.  I made sure all had any "odd" issues fixed and saved.  Since then, I had not seen the problem until a few days ago - in 2 registration files, in a total of 4 different registrations.

The problem was ALWAYS when I had the "Jazz Guitar" as my L voice.  Even before (before 1.3), when I found this problem, it was almost always Jazz Guitar.  Anyway, I saved a Reg file, attached here.  Within it, Registrations #3, #4 and #5 have this problem.  Take a look - it'll be interesting to see if others, when they load this on their Genos, notice the same problem.  The LEFT sound, a Jazz Guitar, is much louder and more distorted than I had saved it at.

Here is the file.  I'm going to send this in a report to Yamaha as well . . .
Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline jimlaing

Re: DSP settings issue in Registrations
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 06:12:45 PM »
I have heard back from Yamaha already, and I have sent them a sample Registration file that illustrates this issue.  I'll report back once they give me their "analysis" etc. on it!

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

keynote

Re: DSP settings issue in Registrations
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 08:05:47 PM »
To illustrate the anomaly I recorded a .wav file demo of the preset Jazz Clean Guitar and then another demo of Jim's registration Jazz Clean Guitar. I checked out the registration on my Genos and yes the Jazz Clean Guitar is loud and distorted when played as the .wav file also demonstrates. Depending on whether the Jazz Clean Guitar was edited in any way would make a difference but if it played okay i.e. without being louder or distorted before saving it to a registration, then it should play okay after saving it to a registration. In other words, it should sound the way you intended it to sound before saving everything to a registration. Since it is not sounding the way you intended it to sound after saving it to a registration it appears it is OS related. It would be interesting to know what Yamaha has to say about it. OS update 1.40 can't come soon enough in my opinion.

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]