Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Genoa vs pa4x

(1/2) > >>

kmspecialties:
Hi All
Have been away a while. I am considering a Genos had t4 and korg pa4x. Can anyone give me feedback on both
Bob

EileenL:
Always the best advice is to try one for yourself. I would take Yamaha over Korg any day but others would be different.

DonM:
Can't go wrong with either one.  I prefer the Korg because of the live controls, vocal harmonizer and more.  Your mileage may (and probably will) differ.
If you consider price it is an easy choice for me.
As Queen Eileen said, you'd best try them for yourself if any way possible.

Lhill1:
I bought Korgs PA4X in 2016 after a tussle in the shop between the tyros5 and the Korg. I had wanted a Tyros since they launched but could never afford one!!
After listening to them both I went for the Korg over the Tyros. I owned the 4X for 15 months, and as much as I loved it and enjoyed playing it I found it very difficult to use. I likened it to owning a Android phone after you have spent years with IOS. I have had a middle of the range Yamaha for years and was very used to how they work.

So on hearing Genos was imminent I popped to my local store and put a deposit down. Second week in November I got the call to collect the Genos, I at this point hadn't played it or set eyes on one.
But after a demo from the Yamaha dudes including Richard Bower, I thought this is pretty spectacular. I got the chance to give it a road test before I took it home and heavens it was amazing. Not only was it straight forward to use but intuitive, even though the design was a little different its functionality hadn't been compromised.

So after having mine at home for 8 months or so what do I think. The Genos is an amazing instrument with life like sounds that can be adjusted so easily with real time controllers. To further enhance the sounds that are already superb. Styles are amazing the revo drums will shudder you to the ground with an unbelievable realism I have never heard before on a electronic instrument.
I could go on about the amazing ways you can change anything on the keyboard so easily and fine tune it to get it to sound exactly as you want without needing a degree in music engineering.

If someone now said to me id swap your Genos for a 4X id have to give it a miss.

EileenL:
Pleased to see you are enjoying Genos and not missing your Korg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version