Author Topic: PSR 970 selecting songs in OnSong or Bandhelper  (Read 2824 times)

apressman

PSR 970 selecting songs in OnSong or Bandhelper
« on: July 18, 2018, 01:18:49 PM »
Hi Folks,

I see lots of other keyboards apparently able to do this but after much consultation with OnSong and Bandhelper it appears the PSR sends spurious and/or incorrect MIDI message (by wire or with the Yamaha MIDI WiFi.

Has anyone gotten a PSR-970S registration file to correctly select via MIDI a song in either of these apps set lists?

Am I correct in assuming that, again, unlike a lot of keyboards, it's not possible to select a registration from an iPad MIDI message on the PSR-970.

I'd cheerfully pay anyone who could help me get this set up if it is possible either way.

Thanks.

Outof

Re: PSR 970 selecting songs in OnSong or Bandhelper
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 09:42:47 AM »
Hello

I am not exactly shure what you are trying to do, but right now I am experimenting a lot using keyboard and iPad Onsong to work together via MIDI.

This is something i have managed to do:

I use Onsong with MIDI channel 2, since I play and are using other equipment with MIDI channel 1. From my keyboard I can scroll, choose next song and play/stop and a do a lot of other things.

If you have the latest version of Onsong this is how to do it:

* Connect your iPad to MIDI, check that it is working. I use iGrand app from IK Multimedia to check that something is happening.   

* Tap the Utilities icon and buy the MIDI-integration add-on.
* Choose the Utilities icon and tap on Editors -> MIDI
* Then you can make MIDI-events with just using your keyboard. If you press C3, the Onsong will notice. Text thing is to press this command in Onsong and choose what this should do. For example start the song. Pressing D3 could choose next song.
* Now, if you do everything on channel 1 while you are perfoming, you can switch to channel two and do whatever you want with Onsong/iPad.

Hope it helpes...

Best
Dagfinn