Author Topic: Genos Lessons / Articles  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Joe W

Genos Lessons / Articles
« on: July 15, 2018, 06:06:56 PM »
Although there are elements of the Genos that carry on the tradition of earlier Yamaha arranger keyboards, there are many new features that are unique to the Genos.  The Lessons section of the PSR Tutorial covers features that have been similar from the PSR-2000 and Tyros1 through the PSR-S models and the Tyros5.  We have no "lessons" covering the new Genos features.

I can not jump into providing those lessons because I do not, at the moment, have a Genos keyboard.  But many members do have and are enjoying and exploring the new keyboard.  These Genos forums do provide additional information for Genos owners, but is it enough?  Should the Lessons section be expanded to have a new section specifically for the Genos?  And, perhaps the most critical question, are there any members who would consider drafting some articles/lessons that I could put in this new section?  I did draft many of the lessons we currently have, but there are quite a few lessons that were contributed by others as you can see by the author names that are provided for these lessons.  So, hence this post.  I'd like some guidance/suggestions from members on how to proceed.
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

Offline Eric, B

Re: Genos Lessons / Articles
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 09:01:45 PM »
Even though this site is in German, there are some great short "how to" videos.
https://www.keyboard-akademie.de/blog/

I think most of us will get the gist of it.
Step by step.
They also have some videos for older models if you scroll down.
They upload a new video every 1-2 weeks.
Eric
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:02:51 PM by Eric, B »
Genos, PSR-S970

The following users thanked this post: terryB, pchan, frozzers

Offline Joe W

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 06:47:13 PM »
I notice 355 views with 8 "Likes" (2 percent) and only 1 reply, which points to an alternative source of Genos lessons.  I do not detect any major demand for Genos lessons at this time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 06:48:15 PM by Joe W »
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 08:33:00 PM »
I notice 355 views with 8 "Likes" (2 percent) and only 1 reply, which points to an alternative source of Genos lessons.  I do not detect any major demand for Genos lessons at this time.

Joe,

I believe there would be interest in the lessons, especially features specific to the Genos like the Playlist and live control knobs. But I don’t see much interest in anyone producing them.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »
Joe
thanks a lot for taking the time and thinking about this . . .

I believe that most people that have a Genos already had a previous Tyros or PSR keyboard in the past. 

When I first had a Tyros i really needed a lot of training on how to use it.  Now with previous Tyros experience the transition to Genos was not that difficult.  Additionally, there are a lot of resources such as Youtube, etc.

It would be nice if someone with expertise on the Genos would provide lessons on the 'hard to find' tips but i think for basic use there is no need for lessons and efforts can be focused on the more 'advanced' features such as Playlists, etc.     I do not use control knobs because i control everything with registrations.   I do not use Genos playlists because i control my playlist from the ipad.  But i noticed that other people do use those features.

thanks for your efforts in keeping the forum current.

Have a great day. 
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Bachus

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 06:43:12 PM »
There is quite a lot of little gems on youtube explaining some advanced features to the gretest detail...

There is also a 5 hours+ commercial video course available for those in need...

https://youtu.be/kOV4u-iPpfA

But i guess most people come by with all the questions that get asked and answered inhere

Offline AlBags

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 01:46:41 AM »

Yamaha Keyboard Mag is a great resource (via Yamaha club UK)

http://yamaha-club.co.uk/

Sound packs do live Webinar's on Genos .. different features covered regularly ...

https://www.soundpacks.co.uk/

😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Pino

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 03:26:47 AM »
Yes,
The SoundPacks site has a lot of good articles about Yamaha keyboards
Including a video tutorial on YEM

https://www.soundpacks.co.uk/blogs/news