Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

Associate a saved Registration Memory button with a Playlist entry

(1/4) > >>

Depo1964:
I thought I was beginning to understand Yamaha's Registration Memory functionality... but obviously I'm missing something.
I have 8 songs defined to a Registration Memory bank that I created called Reunion 1 ....
One song per one registration memory number  (1 thru 8 in bank Reunion 1).
When I am in the Reunion 1 bank (noted in the top row on the screen where Reunion 1 appears)
if I press memory button 1, the song with all of its settings appears in the voice and styles sections.
Similarly, if I press memory button 2, that song with all of its settings appears. .... and so on with each memory button up to and including button 8....
Note: all of the boxes are checked when I press on the Memory button to do a save)

So now I created a playlist to associate each memory button with the related song title.
When I use the search button to add a record in the playlist, I found the first 3 songs and added them to the Playlist....
However, when I try to search for the song from memory buttons 4 thru 8 no search results are found.
Is there something I did with creating the first 3 registrations, that I did not do with the rest of the song registrations???? 
Any idea what I may have done wrong or not done completely for songs 4 thru 8?
I hope I've explained my situation adequately. 

voodoo:
Hi,

in the search dialog for the playlist creation, you can search for registration banks. So the name of the registration bank is important. As fas as I know, you cannot search for a single named registration.

Does this explain you question?

Uli

Depo1964:
Hi  Uli,
Thx for the reply.
I think so.
Am I correct to understand that one needs to associate one song per one Registration bank?

If so, do you know what the maximum number of Registration banks that can be defined to a Genos?
thx again.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Depo1964 on July 13, 2018, 09:25:23 PM ---Am I correct to understand that one needs to associate one song per one Registration bank?

--- End quote ---

No, this is not correct. A playlist entry can reference any registration button you want. Just edit the entry and specify the button you want. On the playlist record, you will see the reg # on the right hand side of the display.

--- Quote from: Depo1964 on July 13, 2018, 09:25:23 PM ---do you know what the maximum number of Registration banks that can be defined to a Genos?
thx again.

--- End quote ---

The number of files is limited only by the size of the drive. In each folder on the drive, you can have a maximum of 2500 files.

Hope this helps,
Fred

Depo1964:

--- Quote from: Fred Smith on July 13, 2018, 11:07:34 PM ---No, this is not correct. A playlist entry can reference any registration button you want. Just edit the entry and specify the button you want. On the playlist record, you will see the reg # on the right hand side of the display.

--- End quote ---
Hi Fred,
That's what I was expecting as well.
I have defined a Registration Bank called REUNION 1 (attached).
I have also defined many songs to that Registration Bank, one of them being Halleluljah.
When I am in that Reg. Bank and I press Registration button 2, the song Halleluljah and all of its associated parts (Voices, Styles, Voc Harm, etc, are displayed (attached).
I can play the song with all of the parts I was expecting to hear.
Note: When I do a Save of Memory all of the parts are checked.
I created  a Playlist called REUNION.
My question is how can I associate REUNION Bank 1 - button 2, to a playlist entry with the song title Halleluljah?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version