Author Topic: How to Advance Through a Genos Playlist  (Read 4608 times)

8t8KEEZ

How to Advance Through a Genos Playlist
« on: June 28, 2018, 11:33:12 PM »
Primarily for Worship

Okay -

First of all - I LOVE the concept of the playlist. It's a bit confusing, at first - but - I am getting the hang of it.

The way I do it -

• 1. I created a blank registration set - I use this as a template. I created 2 of these, and I named each one, "000 Hymns" and "000 Praise Songs" - even though, BOTH are exactly the same.

2. I love the concept of taking a registration and configuring it, according to my likings for the particular song I'm setting up. Take, "Good Good Father", for example - I set up registrations for V1, C1, V2, C2, Bridge, "block style V3", coming out of the bridge ... yadda yadda yadda....

3. I save the registration as the name of the song - and THIS way, whenever I do "Good Good Father", I simply have a registration setup for it, and I don't have to go through and try to find the beat, the instrumentation, key, etc. It's right there in the registration, called, "Good Good Father"...

4. For each Sunday Worship service, I create a playlist and title the playlist the date of the worship service - for example, this Sunday, 20180701

5. And TO that playlist, I add the 4 or 5 registrations that correspond to the workshop songs we are singing and put them into the correct order, as well.

Great so far - However, and here's my question regarding playlist...

I know you can set up a pedal to take you from one registration number to the next registration number... for example, I set up a registration sequence, go from registration 1 to 2, to 3, back to 2, then, to 4, then 5, etc.... so, it would look like:  123245 ....

AND, if I press the Registration plus or minus key, it will actually move you from one registration bank to another, or back to a previous one .... just by pressing the + or the - key.

Now - My question - A playlist that contains 5 registration banks.

How can I move from one song (record), on the playlist to another, without having to press the "Playlist" button, tapping on the record, and then, tapping the "Load" ... Is there a way to assign a pedal to do this for me? i.e., advance from one Song (record) to the next Song (record) in the playlist?

Otherwise - sure seems like a lot of work and hands off the keyboard to go to the next song...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tim

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How to Advance Through a Genos Playlist
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 05:18:03 AM »
You can't (move from one playlist record to another via the pedal).

This is a deficiency in the Genos playlist that really annoys me, but we have to live with it for now. Hopefully Yamaha will fix this in the near future.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 04:52:31 PM »
Hey, Fred! Many thanks to your reply...I saw somewhere where the inc / dec buttons do it ... but, I haven't confirmed that, yet ...So ... I guess you just stay on the playlist, tap and load...

Thanks again ...

Tim

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 07:23:52 PM »
Hey, Fred! Many thanks to your reply...I saw somewhere where the inc / dec buttons do it ... but, I haven't confirmed that, yet ...So ... I guess you just stay on the playlist, tap and load...

Thanks again ...

Tim

I actually stick with the old fashioned way: copy the regs I want to use for the gig into their own folder.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 08:45:13 PM »
LOL! Do you number them,i.e., 001GoodGoodFather, 002SingToTheKing, 003AmazingGrace????

So when you press Reg + / - they'll go in order????

That's actually a GREAT idea .... and actually, confirms that the playlist feature on the Genos, in my opinion, is useless ... again IMO...

I AM loving this board though ... The sounds are a lot better... I do like having the registration buttons right in front of me.... However, I wish the MULTI pad buttons were where the OTS buttons are ... THAT would be nice so there's not a whole lot of distance to travel when you want to do a multi-pad or something like that.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 09:15:36 PM »
LOL! Do you number them,i.e., 001GoodGoodFather, 002SingToTheKing, 003AmazingGrace????

So when you press Reg + / - they'll go in order????

That's actually a GREAT idea .... and actually, confirms that the playlist feature on the Genos, in my opinion, is useless ... again IMO...

I AM loving this board though ... The sounds are a lot better... I do like having the registration buttons right in front of me.... However, I wish the MULTI pad buttons were where the OTS buttons are ... THAT would be nice so there's not a whole lot of distance to travel when you want to do a multi-pad or something like that.

Yes and yes.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 09:49:10 PM »
Perfect .... GREAT minds think alike!