Author Topic: V-console  (Read 4766 times)

Bachus

V-console
« on: July 09, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »
Anyone here that is using the Genos version of Vconsole?

I am looking for iser experiences..

Offline jimlaing

Re: V-console
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 05:55:33 PM »
HI - I got the upgrade for my V-Console, to the Genos version, and used it briefly (then got too busy, heavy project at work, traveled, etc. etc.) - it worked GREAT, and since there is more polyphony in Genos (128 stereo instead of 128 mono).... never had a note cut out.  There seem to be quite a few new features in the Genos version, works very well.  And it appears it was fully re-written to really support Genos fully, not just a quick add-on etc.

I am looking forward to getting back to using it, once I get caught up from an intense last few months for me1)

I give a a two thumbs up ...
Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 09:46:14 PM »
To the uninitiated
WHAT is a V console? How does it help make music?
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 10:50:38 PM »
To the uninitiated
WHAT is a V console? How does it help make music?

V-Console demo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa26oAcFzgY

V-Console product page:
https://www.tyrosmagic.com/v-console

Thanks,
Paul

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 01:23:23 PM »
Hi
I do not see the point of this pricey program as the Genos has all the editing you need.  Sliders and all and touch screen.

All the best
john :)

I am still waiting for EMC Styleworks upgrade!!!---Should be according to Klaus another couple of months or inside that.
If that comes to fruition, then that will be worthwhile.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:25:51 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 01:35:04 PM »
Hi - the V-Console is a lot more than just editing ... it basically lets you add 8 more layers on top of what you can do in the Genos itself.  And allows those that want to do "organ-like" registration, a way to do it (somewhat) ... you can get some very rich, full sounds, as well as subtle additions to what you can do with Genos' Right1+2+3.  I have used this with the free Hauptwerk-based theatre organ sample set available from Paramount organ folks, and also with the great Classical organ sounds already in the Genes - gives a whole new dimension in how you can 'register on the fly' by adding ranks (from the Right1+2+3, as well as 8 more via V-Console). 

I also sometimes use V-Console as a simple way to add variety of sounds when I play, that is, I'll set up the V-Console to have things like light 'extra' strings, and oboe+flute sound from Genos, and maybe a few percussive things like Maribma, Glock, Celeste etc.  I don't play all those at once - I just add one or two when I feel like it while I play "orchestral" oriented music, and this is great on Broadway tunes too.  Also sounds nice to have a couple of Synth "pads" or light string "pads" that you can add on top of whatever you have on Genos R1/R2/R3, to add in another subtle sound variation or richness.

The V-Console also lets you easily have "high-note priority" solo, such as adding a trumpet that only plays the top note, on top of what you already have on Right 1+2+3.  (or low-note priority).  It also allows you to (for example) take a sound and add "virtual couplers" (like on an organ), so you can have 1 sound/voice on the V-Console, that has 1, 2 or 3 layers (sub-octave, standard octave, and/or 8va octave).  With some time, this thing does add a huge amount of possibility / flexibility - I only wish I had more time to really dig in and use it to its full potential.

You can have V-Console automatically call up Genos registrations when you call up V-Console Reg's, or the other way around, or have the V-Console be independent of what's happening on the Genos (which is the way I do it). 

And yes, you can do tons of programming/modification (just like on Genos) of the sounds you use in those 8 extra layers.  And limit note range, to effectively give you split abilities too, among those 8 additional voices.

I believe that the "magic" happens because V-console uses 8 of the "Song" slots, each of which can have its own DSP, so you really do get up to 8 more layers etc. of 8 more sounds, and ways to quickly select or de-select them like on an organ ...

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 03:01:01 PM »
I believe that the "magic" happens because V-console uses 8 of the "Song" slots, each of which can have its own DSP, so you really do get up to 8 more layers etc. of 8 more sounds, and ways to quickly select or de-select them like on an organ ...

That's correct. " It sends the key presses on the keyboard through MIDI OUT back to the Song parts. The Song parts then play whatever sound / effects / are assigned to those parts. Technically, there's nothing to stop you playing 19 layers at once (16 song parts + 3 panel parts) but you'd run out of polyphony pretty fast ...

You don't *need* V Console to do this - you just need a standard MIDI cable from MIDI OUT to MIDI IN, and set all Song parts you want to sound to receive on MIDI channel 1. But V Console seems to make it very simple to set up the song parts with the voices and effects you want.
Genos

Bachus

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 10:19:54 PM »
Hi
I do not see the point of this pricey program as the Genos has all the editing you need.  Sliders and all and touch screen.

All the best
john :)

I am still waiting for EMC Styleworks upgrade!!!---Should be according to Klaus another couple of months or inside that.
If that comes to fruition, then that will be worthwhile.

You must have missed the point that the whole point of vconcole is turning the Genos, with a midi keyboard and organ pedals into a fullfledged organ...  the edditing is a nice aftertoight...

So yes, you indeed missed the point...

Next to that... Vconsole allows you to layer more then 3 sounds on your right hand.. up to 12 sounds in total layered and split on one or 2 keyboards..

For me, it could be an easy way to quickly setup the genos in combination with the kronos.