Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Weird characters in Style names etc.

(1/9) > >>

jimlaing:
Hi - I may have mentioned this in a note somewhere before; can't remember for sure.  I have seen it before.  I was working on some Registrations last night and saw it again.  See attachment (follow the red arrows, which I added).  Sometimes after a time, I see "weird" odd characters in names of things on the screen.  When I reboot, these go away and all looks "normal" again for a while ...

Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]

MillKa:
Hi Jim, I had the same effect.

I recently swapped my old PSR-S950 for a Genos. 
I converted all my old registrations files using the Registration Manager from Murray Best ( http://www.psrtutorial.com/util/best.html ).
Looks like loading some of the converted registrations overwrites some memory area used by the font bitmaps.

murrayb:
I don't think that this would be caused by converted registrations for a few of reasons.

Conversion just changes the keyboard identification code in the registration file header record, the remainder of the file is unchnaged.

All Genos registration files are larger than those created on previous keyboards, so there would be an underwrite rather than overwrite of data.

Finally, registrations shouldn't change any tables used by panel items where an internal code number is used to look up the text values to be presented on the screen.

The question becomes consistency.  If every time BeachRock style is used the glitch is there, it's likely something wrong in the text table.  If it doesn't happen every time, then it is likely some weird problem in the operating system.

Murray

jimlaing:
HI - this has only happened occasionally, and it's always fixed by a reboot ...
Jim

MillKa:
I would like to apologize to Murray.
I didn't meant to say that his excellent Registration Manager causes this font bitmap problem.

The weird characters look like the font bitmap header has been partly overwritten in the area where the width and height of the bitmap is stored, which sometimes leads to shifted image lines.

I have seen the bitmap problem just once so far, and it was a little while after loading a converted registration.
But that might be just random coincidence.

Maybe it has nothing to do with registrations at all, maybe other file types are responsible.
Or maybe its just a bug in the current firmware (1.3) that hasn't anything to do with file loading at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version