Author Topic: export audio  (Read 7550 times)

Offline emmaco

export audio
« on: July 05, 2018, 08:26:04 AM »
Hi,

When I want to export audio (.aud) from the Genos to USB key in wave format, the conversion is in real time...(10mn for a 10mn song). Is it normal ?
it's easier and faster to put the Genos in usb mode and recover the wave file directly on the computer in the song folder.

In the other hand, it would have been nice to have a direct recording function when you're in song mode in order to quickly record a wave file without going from one screen to another.

Offline EileenL

Re: export audio
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 12:31:51 PM »
I don't think I have ever played a 10 minute song. I usually play a song twice through which is around 3 minutes and it takes less than a minute to copy to USB.

Offline emmaco

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 12:59:02 PM »
I wanted to know if it was normal for the conversion (.aud to wave) to be done in real time ?
Or maybe I missed something ?

I create my Song, and when it’s finished, I want to have and audio file of the Song.
I found nothing but using the audio recorder and playing the song, in fact like a tape recorder… and then the conversion . Aud to wave (export function).

But maybe there’s an easiest way to do it.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 04:24:03 PM »
The song you record is automatically stored on your USB stick as a wav song.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline emmaco

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 04:41:48 PM »
The song you record is automatically stored on your USB stick as a wav song.

Thanks a lot.
Didn’t know that. I didn’t see it in the user manual. Maybe my eyes ;D
Coming from the Motif, Genos is a new world for me.
But it’s an exciting world. I have never had so much fun playing a keyboard. Really amazing.
it's the perfect toy for composers.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »
Emmaco,
On Genos when you record audio a file is automatically assigned to it called Audio followed by a number eg. 0001 0002 etc (or Audio-M-0001 if in Multi mode and touch New) which you can see on the recorder display. The file is constructed in real time as you record, to the User drive. When finished find the file by pressing the Song button, then in  the Song Player display touch Song A or B (whichever is the audio one). You will be taken to the songs on User where you should see Audio 0001 and can rename it, or copy it to somewhere else quickly using the File menu.
John

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 06:07:31 PM by jwyvern »

The following users thanked this post: Peppexpo

Offline emmaco

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 08:20:46 PM »
In fact, I build my Song little by little using punch-in.
Verse then chorus etc…
So the recorded audio is only the last thing I record, and not the entire song.
the only solution I found is to press play and go to the audio page to record.

is there a simpler solution ?

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 03:05:24 PM »
Hi emmaco,

there are TWO Audio Recording modes on Genos:

If you use "Audio Quick Recording" (one stereo audio track), a .wav file will be directly written into the User drive. When the recording is finished, you can simply copy the .wave file to a USB stick.

If you use "Audio Multi Recording" (one "Main" track and one "Sub" track), Genos automatically will use the internal .aud format. Then you have to "export" the song first, if you need it in .wav format.

Best regards,
Chris

P.S.
Normally, I would use MIDI (Multi) Recording first (to build a song) and then directly record to a .wav file, by using "Audio Quick Recording". You can also record your singing, simultaneously.

BUT if you want to make the Vocal track of a song by using (Audio) Punch In/Out, you will have to use "Audio Multi Recording".

P.P.S.
"Audio Multi Recording" was NOT available in OLDER Genos firmware versions!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:15:12 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Peppexpo

Offline emmaco

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 05:01:42 PM »
Thank you for your reply.
I thought there was a magic solution ::)

But it’s real time... Midi to audio…
With a 20mn Song, it takes…20mn… ;D