Author Topic: Touch Screen Maintenance  (Read 10566 times)

Offline Depo1964

Touch Screen Maintenance
« on: July 02, 2018, 12:32:06 AM »
While I've only had my Genos for a couple of weeks, 
I've noticed that I have to clean the screen of finger prints with a micro-fiber cloth quite often....
maybe every other day. 
How often do you clean your touch screen?
Could it lead to problems by cleaning it too often?

Offline Al Ram

Re: Touch Screen Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 12:59:33 AM »
I created my own Genos screen protector and do not have to clean the Genos screen anymore . . . .

You may want to look into this topic . . . 
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43788.msg345792.html#msg345792

Hope this helps

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: Depo1964

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 02:17:09 AM »
Thanks Al,
Looks like ink jet transparency sheets are the way to go.  :)

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:55:13 AM »
yes.  that's what i did and it is great. 

have a great day
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Stijn

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 01:25:54 PM »
These are the dimensions for the screen protector:

20.2 x 11.6  cm   / 7.95 x 4.56 inches

The transparency sheets like the ones that are used in Ink Jet Printers are firm, don't wrinkle, are very clear and they don't show fingerprints at all!
The response of the touch screen is not affected.

When it gets 'dirty' you just throw it away and replace it with another one. You can cut 2 protectors out of 1 sheet.
Don't clean the rough side of the Transparency with water because you'll get stains on it.

Regards,
Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline rattley

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 11:56:57 PM »
The only time I notice my Genos screen is "dirty" is before I turn it on.  When it is on it looks beautiful. I would never cover the screen fearing whatever the covering material is it could stick to the original screen and really cause a problem. I've had that experience with some cell phones I have owned.

Just out of curiosity........What are you doing to your Genos to make it so filthy??  I keep mine covered when not using it and except for fingerprints I wouldn't call it dirty.  I have always washed my hands before playing too. I've always felt that it helped keep the keys cleaner and not make them slippery.  I cringed once watching a player eating greasy potato chips while performing. I thought it was unprofessional and could only imagine how greasy those keys were.

Just my 2 cents  :)     -charley

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 11:43:05 PM »
Hi
I just look after the Genos
I use specsavers cleaner spray and lightly use a soft camera cloth and no problems.

all the best
john :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Stijn

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 09:31:49 AM »
Well Charley,

Maybe the term 'filthy' was badly chosen.

Personally I take great care of my Genos, dusting it every day, washing my hands before every session, every day. No chips, crackers, nuts, hamburgers, tacos or drinks in the vicinity!
But some people have greasier skin texture then others and they leave fingerprints more easily.

To avoid having to clean the touch screen every day I make use of this non sticky transparency sheet and I just wanted to share it with other people having the same issue.

In summer when it is warm and humid, my finger tips tend to sweat a lot, so much even that I have to wash them every 15 minutes because they tend to stick to the keys too much. They won't glide over the keys. Using a small fan directed to my hands is another solution.

Just my 2 cents  ;)  - Stijn

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:35:19 AM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 05:33:28 PM »
I also use the non-sticky transparency sheet.  cut to the exact dimensions and fits perfectly . . . . there are two sides, one very smooth and one a bit 'rough' (maybe rough is not the right word . .  but anyway).

The smooth side goes against the Genos screen and the other side is up where my fingers touch the selections.

The 'rough' side does not keep fingerprints, dust, etc.   It is easy to dust and/or just throw away and replace with another one.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

jpg

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 10:25:20 AM »
I keep my touchscreen free of finger marks by simply tapping the screen with the back of my fingernail.  Works every time w/absolutely no smear.  Just a light touch is all that is required.

Murat

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 02:29:41 PM »
There is only one way of keeping the touch screen truly clean – I highly recommend this. I have established a telepathic connection between me and the Genos which made touching the screen obsolete. 

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 03:36:50 PM »
Murat😀😀😀 I guess you could just call up the song in your mind and send it telepathicly to the Genos, and it would start to play. That way you will keep the keys clean as well😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page