Author Topic: Genos Won't Advance to Next OR Previous Registration When + or - Pressed  (Read 5781 times)

8t8KEEZ

Hi, all!

So ... I came to realize you can't use the + or - buttons to advance to the next song within a playlist... So, I figure, I would just take those "registrations" and copy them into a separate folder, and rename them with 001, 002, 003, etc. and thought, I'll just advance through the registrations .... but ... alas ... no worky.

When I press the plus or minus registration buttons, a window pops up with the name of the current registration, and all I can do is close that window ...

I thought you could press plus or minus to advance from one registration to the next and vice versa??? Am I missing something?

Offline Fred Smith

Hi, all!

So ... I came to realize you can't use the + or - buttons to advance to the next song within a playlist... So, I figure, I would just take those "registrations" and copy them into a separate folder, and rename them with 001, 002, 003, etc. and thought, I'll just advance through the registrations .... but ... alas ... no worky.

When I press the plus or minus registration buttons, a window pops up with the name of the current registration, and all I can do is close that window ...

I thought you could press plus or minus to advance from one registration to the next and vice versa??? Am I missing something?

Which "+ or -" buttons are you using?

The Regist Bank + and - buttons (the ones to the left of Reg1) work for me. Just press the + button again if it won't co-operate the first time.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

8t8KEEZ

Yeah ... I'm doing the Registration plus and minus ... However-it's working, now .... but, it wasn't earlier.... I found somewhere else if you modify a registration, save it, but, don't reselect it, it won't work .... so ... after reselecting it and loading the registry bank again, seems to work....

Bugs .... :)

Offline Fred Smith

Yeah ... I'm doing the Registration plus and minus ... However-it's working, now .... but, it wasn't earlier.... I found somewhere else if you modify a registration, save it, but, don't reselect it, it won't work .... so ... after reselecting it and loading the registry bank again, seems to work....

Bugs .... :)

Agreed. I've seen the same thing.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

mikecruiser

There was a problem with the Registration + and - buttons not functioning as expected.   This was fixed in a recent firmware update.

Offline Fred Smith

There was a problem with the Registration + and - buttons not functioning as expected.   This was fixed in a recent firmware update.

It’s still happening, even with the latest os update.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Stijn

I found somewhere else if you modify a registration, save it, but, don't reselect it, it won't work ....

I think the opposite was meant. After editing a Registration and Saving it, you have to RE-select it.
The Registration looks already selected (and it is!!!) but you really need to click on it again. If you don't, the +/- buttons won't work.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline jimlaing

Hi - I have seen this too.  I remember mention of it being fixed in 1.3, but I still see the problem.  Sometimes "+/-" works, sometimes not.  Maybe it's as one person mentioned, just after saving a Registration file.  Hope they address this on the next version update . . .

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline AlBags

Maybe this is to do with the Reg memory not seeing the change until it is forced to refresh itself (by pressing button again) .. so it gets lost when pressing the +/-
I would think they can only fix this if they cause a Reg Bank refresh when saving one reg.

Al.

😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!