PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S950/S750/S650 (SFF2)

Roland KC220 Keyboard Amplifier

(1/3) > >>

Geria:
Hi,
I'm in need of a lightweight Keyboard amplifier and I am interested in the Roland KC220 to connect to my PSR S950. If anyone has some experience with that amp, or the Roland KC110,  I would like to know if it was a satisfactory one. I play small venues in nursing homes and large rooms, so I don't need a lot of volume output.

Thanks,
Gerry

travlin-easy:
Gerry, I would not recommend it for any venue. It is very low power, distorts easily, and does not provide the much needed clarity required for nursing home and assisted living venues.

For just a couple hundred dollars more, you can purchase a Bose S1, which is getting rave reviews. https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BOE-S1PRO-BUNDLE?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&adpos=1o2&scid=scplpBOE+S1PRO+BUNDLE&sc_intid=BOE+S1PRO+BUNDLE&gclid=CjwKCAjwsdfZBRAkEiwAh2z65vsc-EeJkQCXhZAV8TGuKYlu9SOL6plIKQPiilH41VTFzH8QPPNqrRoCpy8QAvD_BwE

Good luck,

Gary 8)

Geria:
Gary,
Thank you. Just the answer I needed. Where I live there is not much choice of on hands experience and that's why this forum and your expertise is so helpful in making decisions on what gear is good or bad. Thanks again :)

Regards,
Gerry

pjd:
Hi Gerry --

Having used a KC-60 for many years (and played through others), I just can't recommend Roland KC amps. I even put new (better) speakers in the KC-60 to try to salvage it.

Lately, I've been using small, lightweight powered PA speakers such as QSC K8, Yamaha MSR100 and Yamaha DBR-10. For the money, a small PA is a better value and sound. Like Gary, some folks swear by Bose. If I was looking for new gear (which I'm not  :) ), I would definitely look into the Bose line, too.

Hope this helps -- pj

Geria:
Good info PJ. Thanks

Gerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version