Author Topic: Where Is the Transposition Indicator?  (Read 5277 times)

8t8KEEZ

Where Is the Transposition Indicator?
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:02:52 PM »
On the Tyros 5 (and others except Genos), the Transposition indicator of how many semi-tones is shown on the screen, along with the number of octaves plus or minus...

On the Genos - the ONLY way you see it is IF you adjust it?? Am I missing something? I can't find it anywhere on the main screen of the Genos .... Ack!!!!! Annoying, because I use this during worship and LOVED seeing that as a reference ... especially if it's saved in a registration to be used in the future ....

Frustrating!

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Where Is the Transposition Indicator?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 09:14:23 PM »
You just need to assign it to one of the icons.

Menu, assignable, home shortcuts, pick one.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector, MINKYCATS

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »
HA, Fred! That's WAY too easy!! THANK you!   :o

Lloyd E

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 03:23:13 PM »
Fred,
Thanks for that info. That has been one of my problems, now it's solved.   Regards, Lloyd

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 07:07:37 PM »
Fred,
Thanks for that info. That has been one of my problems, now it's solved.   Regards, Lloyd

Same here, THANKS  :)

Cheers

Kaarlo

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 03:55:07 AM »
Okay ... well ... I fixed that ... but, now ... there is no "octave" indicator... LOL!!

Probably doesn't matter as much as the transpose option .... AND something very nice I came across is that you can adjust the octave for EACH RIGHT1 RIGHT2 RIGHT3, which is SWEET.... Like the piano -1, and I like the organ 0 when I'm combining them....

I'm really beginning to like the board ...

I also noticed, that in "some" cases, you have to be creative with the sustain pedal ... otherwise, when you lift, it all goes silence .... strange .... when it should not.... for example I have small fingers .... and I'm doing am7 ....

Thumb = G and A
Index = C
Middle = E
Ring = G
Pinky = A

Hold down the sustain pedal, and play that whole group as eighth notes .... for a whole measure ... lift up .... and quickly back down ... and the whole keyboard goes silent.... I'll have to share a sound bite of this .... it's odd ....

To fix this ... I have to sustain lift up a couple times during this little phrase .... It works ... just not the sound I want....

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 01:15:32 PM »
Hold down the sustain pedal, and play that whole group as eighth notes .... for a whole measure ... lift up .... and quickly back down ... and the whole keyboard goes silent.... I'll have to share a sound bite of this .... it's odd ....
That is odd. My Yamaha pedal functions perfectly with the sustain. I can pedal just like on a regular piano. Questions:

Where is the pedal plugged in at the back? Should be in the Sustain port.
What pedal are you using? Yamaha, Roland...?
Does your pedal have a polarity switch?
How is your Sustain pedal port configured?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:17:35 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 11:57:43 PM »
In general, I don't have a complaint ... It works perfectly ... but, in this particular situation, it does not ... I'll have to record it and let you hear what it's doing ... During that passage, I'm just a little more creative with how I'm using the sustaining pedal...

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 12:18:01 AM »
Check your fingering mode - it may have a bearing on this.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 01:16:14 AM »
Agreed with Gary. Also, upload the registration you're having trouble with so we can get a look.

Again, 88 - what pedal are you using? Yamaha does not always play well with other kids on the block; especially Roland :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline jsb1999

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »
As regards the keyboard going silent, you may want to check out this thread: "Genos Abruptly Stops Playing"

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,44452.msg350076.html#msg350076

Basically, certain voices (mainly some guitars and Electric Pianos) have a 'note off' sound which plays when the note ends (when you lift the sustain pedal).
When you lift the sustain pedal, the polyphony allocation algorithm treats these sounds as highest priority because they are most recently triggered - 
thereby cutting off other sounds, even notes that you are currently holding down on the keyboard. 
In many cases the original note-on which led to the note-off sound is long gone, but the priority algorithm treats the 'note off' as a brand new sound.
It would be nice if Yamaha would treat these 'note-off' sounds (which are barely audible) at a lower priority.

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 03:57:13 AM »
Yeah ... it would be nice if it didn't happen... Somebody at Yamaha is sleeping on the job OR not drinking their coffee in the morning .... It's irritating as all get out!