Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

How to Advance Through a Genos Playlist

(1/2) > >>

8t8KEEZ:
Primarily for Worship

Okay -

First of all - I LOVE the concept of the playlist. It's a bit confusing, at first - but - I am getting the hang of it.

The way I do it -

* 1. I created a blank registration set - I use this as a template. I created 2 of these, and I named each one, "000 Hymns" and "000 Praise Songs" - even though, BOTH are exactly the same.

2. I love the concept of taking a registration and configuring it, according to my likings for the particular song I'm setting up. Take, "Good Good Father", for example - I set up registrations for V1, C1, V2, C2, Bridge, "block style V3", coming out of the bridge ... yadda yadda yadda....

3. I save the registration as the name of the song - and THIS way, whenever I do "Good Good Father", I simply have a registration setup for it, and I don't have to go through and try to find the beat, the instrumentation, key, etc. It's right there in the registration, called, "Good Good Father"...

4. For each Sunday Worship service, I create a playlist and title the playlist the date of the worship service - for example, this Sunday, 20180701

5. And TO that playlist, I add the 4 or 5 registrations that correspond to the workshop songs we are singing and put them into the correct order, as well.
Great so far - However, and here's my question regarding playlist...

I know you can set up a pedal to take you from one registration number to the next registration number... for example, I set up a registration sequence, go from registration 1 to 2, to 3, back to 2, then, to 4, then 5, etc.... so, it would look like:  123245 ....

AND, if I press the Registration plus or minus key, it will actually move you from one registration bank to another, or back to a previous one .... just by pressing the + or the - key.

Now - My question - A playlist that contains 5 registration banks.

How can I move from one song (record), on the playlist to another, without having to press the "Playlist" button, tapping on the record, and then, tapping the "Load" ... Is there a way to assign a pedal to do this for me? i.e., advance from one Song (record) to the next Song (record) in the playlist?

Otherwise - sure seems like a lot of work and hands off the keyboard to go to the next song...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tim

Fred Smith:
You can't (move from one playlist record to another via the pedal).

This is a deficiency in the Genos playlist that really annoys me, but we have to live with it for now. Hopefully Yamaha will fix this in the near future.

Fred

8t8KEEZ:
Hey, Fred! Many thanks to your reply...I saw somewhere where the inc / dec buttons do it ... but, I haven't confirmed that, yet ...So ... I guess you just stay on the playlist, tap and load...

Thanks again ...

Tim

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: 8t8KEEZ on June 29, 2018, 04:52:31 PM ---Hey, Fred! Many thanks to your reply...I saw somewhere where the inc / dec buttons do it ... but, I haven't confirmed that, yet ...So ... I guess you just stay on the playlist, tap and load...

Thanks again ...

Tim

--- End quote ---

I actually stick with the old fashioned way: copy the regs I want to use for the gig into their own folder.

8t8KEEZ:
LOL! Do you number them,i.e., 001GoodGoodFather, 002SingToTheKing, 003AmazingGrace????

So when you press Reg + / - they'll go in order????

That's actually a GREAT idea .... and actually, confirms that the playlist feature on the Genos, in my opinion, is useless ... again IMO...

I AM loving this board though ... The sounds are a lot better... I do like having the registration buttons right in front of me.... However, I wish the MULTI pad buttons were where the OTS buttons are ... THAT would be nice so there's not a whole lot of distance to travel when you want to do a multi-pad or something like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version