Author Topic: Split point  (Read 4893 times)

Split point
« on: June 24, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »
Hi all
   I'm new to Genos,I'm slowly starting to build up some registrations, I notice the split point was changing, I went into utility and paramator lock, I put a tick on split point and fingering but it is still sometimes changing the split. Am I missing something.

Offline EileenL

Re: Split point
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 09:59:36 PM »
Set your registration bank up as you want it with the right split point. Then save it. Now with it working as you want it put the parameter lock on. This will now stop any third party registrations you may use from changing your original ones.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 10:54:41 PM »
   I'm new to Genos,I'm slowly starting to build up some registrations, I notice the split point was changing, I went into utility and paramator lock, I put a tick on split point and fingering but it is still sometimes changing the split. Am I missing something.

If the split point Parameter Lock is on, registrations cannot change your split point.

So, either you didn't set Parameter Lock properly, or you're changing it yourself, or you're not recognizing where it's been set.

Do the following:
1. Manually set the split point where you want it.
2. Ensure Split Point is checked in Utility>Parameter Lock.

If you do the above, registrations won't change your split point. You can, but registrations won't.

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 01:17:15 AM »
I think this is happening when I'm making a registration ,if I just use the registrations I have made it doesn't happen. The lock is on.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 03:40:02 AM »
I think this is happening when I'm making a registration ,if I just use the registrations I have made it doesn't happen. The lock is on.

If the "lock is on", a registration will not change the split point. It doesn't matter whether you're making it or using it or anything else. If you think a registration, at any point in the process, is changing your split point when you don't want it to, then your Parameter Lock setting is incorrect.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 03:04:41 PM »
I've just rechecked an in paramator lock both split point and fingering is ticked, it hasn't changed for two days,I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the input to everyone