Author Topic: Any way to remove S.Art2 guitar bends from an Electric guitar voice?  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Depo1964

I noticed that all of the electric guitars have S.Art2 built into them.
I'm working on an arrangement of You Can't Do That by the Beatles and when I try to play the ending
without any guitar bending, it's impossible to do. 
I went into the Voice Settings --> S.Art2/Arpeggio menu and set all of the choices to OFF but it did not remove the guitar bending.
Is there any way to remove guitar bends?

Offline jwyvern

Re: Any way to remove S.Art2 guitar bends from an Electric guitar voice?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 07:54:52 AM »
They only bend when you play legato notes at moderate to high velocity within 5 semitones of one another. So to avoid the bends cut back on the velocity when you play or avoid playing legato (make sure you have released the current note cleanly before initiating a higher one within 5 semitones), or both.

John
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 08:01:05 AM by jwyvern »

Offline andyg

Re: Any way to remove S.Art2 guitar bends from an Electric guitar voice?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 02:04:02 PM »
Not ALL the electric guitars are Super Art. Look around, in Legacy for example, and you'll find them soon enough. You may have to alter the DSP effects to match that of the SA type voices, but you can get close to the sound of the voice that you're 'replacing'.

I had to do this yesterday. My student was using a Super Art guitar that did the bend when not required. While it's quite correct that proper technique will make these voices do their tricks as and when required, this young lady is only Grade 2 and while the sound she made was excellent, I didn't want the examiner to think that she was playing too many bends. So for the exam, we swapped voices - for the concert, we kept the bends!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com