Author Topic: Genos Rig evolution ...  (Read 3442 times)

Offline jimlaing

Genos Rig evolution ...
« on: June 22, 2018, 02:11:39 PM »
Hi ... (also in SZ, don't know how many here don't go to SZ as much, so adding here too).  A few photos of my rig "in progress" ... one photos is of my most recent Tyros5 setup, before I bought Genos. I know that I don't *need* the 2nd keyboard; just have always had a 2nd keyboard as part of my rig. Way back, I used to have a 76-note lower keyboard and 61-note upper. That was when I was 20+ years younger, and weight of rig didn't matter as much! :-) Having 49 keys is a nice compromise, much more "comfortable" than my previous 25-note controller I used for some years.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward using the M-Audio Code49 keyboard on top of my Genos. I have programmed the buttons/sliders/pads on the Code49 to control the Genos. I have 36 Genos sounds I can call up quickly, and the sliders have 1 function I've set up for each which never changes ... so they make a nice addition to the sliders on the Genos. The drum pads are programmed to send 16 different MIDI notes to Channel 10, which I have set to Drums on the Genos. Nice for quick 'impromptu' drum fills or hits.

Photos attached (hope they come thru OK!)
Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Re: Genos Rig evolution ...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 08:12:24 PM »
I always enjoy seeing how people set up their studios. Thanks for sharing, Jim!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 10:29:29 PM »
Hi Jim,

Your set up is nice. What do you have the sliders on the M-Audio do?

Is that a cowbell on a foot pedal I see in the 4th picture? ;)

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 11:20:06 PM »
HI - thanks.  The sliders ... see if you can view the "Close-up" photo. . . I have them set to do these things:
Left volume (I have it do a range from 64-127)
Right1 volume
Right2 volume
Right3 volume
Bass volume
Drums volume
Chorus depth (For Part Right3)
FX depth (for "Variation" effect on Right 3)
Release time ("sustain") for Right3

This works out well so far!
-Jim

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 10:16:19 PM »
Thanks, Jim. That seems handy. Now that you told me what you have them set for, I could see the labels on the sliders themselves in the pic.

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 09:35:35 PM »
... and, yes, that *is* a cowbell on a foot pedal!  For those times when I need "more cowbell" than the Genos can provide  :-)   

I have a "Sleigh Bells" gadget I can put on it at Christmas time ... a fun novelty ...

Jim

The following users thanked this post: tomtomsf