Author Topic: Make music day..  (Read 4924 times)

keynote

Make music day..
« on: June 22, 2018, 02:55:11 AM »
Today is June 21st as I write this and it is "make music day" which is a worldwide celebration of music. Here is a song played on my Genos that includes the Revo Drums. This is an example of the quality of the Revo Drum kits and it was made especially for those who don't have a Genos and for those who do have a Genos too of course. ;) A good quality drum kit can really add a higher level of authenticity to the overall sound of a song. Pay particular attention to the drums if nothing else. The song is over five minutes in length and it is in .wav format so it might take a while to load on the Box website so please be patient. Some people have been less than thrilled with the Revo Drum kits but I disagree with their assessment. The song is for demonstration purposes only. Enjoy!

Song with Revo Drums

Mike

Offline vbdx66

Re: Make music day..
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »
Hi Mike,

Great idea to make a song for Make music day. Your song is very nice. RefomDrums sound great, but the other voices (esp. strings and piano) sound very nice, too.

Have you been using a style or have you been recording the whole song track by track?

By the way, you should give a title to your song.  8)

Best Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 10:25:41 AM »
That was fantastic, really alive. I was upstairs in my back bedroom recently playing my Genos, there was a workman downstairs and after a while I went down to speak to him.
He said “have you got a drum kit up there”    “no, just a keyboard”    “wow”
I think that says it all.
Graham
Graham Foxall

Current Yamaha GENOS + GNS MS01
with 2 Yamaha MSR100 Speakers

Mark Z.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »
Hi Mike ,

A very good Demo of the Revo Drums .

The song itself is very good with nice sounds .

Thanks for this great rendition to this Forum .

MarkZ.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 11:17:18 AM »
Hi Mike,
  A very good demo. Revo drums are a great addition to the Genos keyboard and I prefer them to Audio drums any day.

keynote

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 12:18:44 PM »
Here's another song I recently did that showcases the Genos brass and strings. It has a Classical feel to it and is an improvisation. The Genos has many really nice brass sounds as we know and of course many of the strings are top notch too. I used a Free Play style. Enjoy!

Classical Me

Mike

keynote

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 12:42:01 PM »
Hi Mike,

Have you been using a style or have you been recording the whole song track by track?

By the way, you should give a title to your song.  8)

Best Regards,

Vinciane

Hi Vinciane. This song was a MIDI that I tweaked including the use of three Revo Drum kits at different points in the song. It took a couple hours to set up and record. My main purpose was in simply demonstrating the quality of the Revo Drums in a song context and according to the replies I think I succeeded. :) It was especially made for those who haven't heard the Revo Drums within a mix. Oh, and the name of the song is called "For This Cause." Thanks for listening and thank you for your reply.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:44:35 PM by keynote »

keynote

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »
And this is yet another Classical piece I did many years ago on my Tyros 1. In this song I used a style and I also used a multi-track recording software program called PowerTracks Pro to record a second String section within the song near the end. I used the sweet Oboe at the beginning and then transitioned to the strings. I also added some Choir voices for effect. Some of you might have already heard this song before since I posted it a while back in the Genos general forum. The original Tyros was considered the premier high-end arranger on the market at the time. But the Genos is simply on another level altogether. 8) Enjoy!

Orchestral

Mike

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 04:48:16 PM »
Here's another song I recently did that showcases the Genos brass and strings. It has a Classical feel to it and is an improvisation. The Genos has many really nice brass sounds as we know and of course many of the strings are top notch too. I used a Free Play style. Enjoy!

Classical Me

Mike
Hi Mike,

These brass sounds are indeed very nice and realistic. Which one did you use?

Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 12:42:14 AM »
..... In this song I used a style and I also used a multi-track recording software program called PowerTracks Pro to record a second String section within the song near the end. I used the sweet Oboe at the beginning and then transitioned to the strings. I also added some Choir voices for effect.....The original Tyros was considered the premier high-end arranger on the market at the time. But the Genos is simply on another level altogether.....

Orchestral

Mike

Hi Mike,

People have different preferences,  some like jazz, some pop,  whatever.  Some are satisfied with MP3, some appreciate the better wave sound (I always use wav except when space does no permit). But all creation should be judged in their category and your creation was perfect in sound quality and recording quality.
If I had heard that in a film I would probably not have said, "hey that is not real, that is a keyboard". Excellent production, and to achieve that my experience is you need a bit more than just a style and voices like you explain.   I have not listened to too many of users' creations, but this was definitely the best I have so far heard.

Cheers

Kaarlo

keynote

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »
Hi Mike,

These brass sounds are indeed very nice and realistic. Which one did you use?

Regards,

Vinciane.

Hi Vinciane,

The style brass parts were the preset OrchTrombones, OrchestraHorns, and OrchTrumpets. I played the OTS linked brass voices which were the OrchTptsTbns1 on R1 and the S.Art2 Flugelhorn on R2. The strings were also the OTS linked voices. The actual style I used was the Free Play MovieHorns style.

Mike