Author Topic: Saving registrations  (Read 7270 times)

Offline raywil77

Saving registrations
« on: June 21, 2018, 03:51:33 PM »
Hi everyone just a thought, I have. Changed some instruments in my registrations  but I can’t seem to save my changed registrations to a usb dongle, any help appreciated.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Saving registrations
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 07:16:00 PM »
The contents of the 8 Registration Memory buttons are all saved together in a single file which Yamaha calls a Registration Bank.

If you first connect the USB to the keyboard, then press the REGIST BANK (-) and (+) panel buttons both together, the Registration Bank selection screen should open.

You should see several tabs at the top of the screen, one for each available storage drive.  Since you have just had a hard disk fitted, you should see USER, HD1 (maybe more HDx if the disk has been partitioned), and USB1.

Use the TAB buttons to move to the USB1 tab and then press SAVE (lower 6 button).   Note that you must move to the drive that you want to use before pressing SAVE!

This opens a small window at the bottom of the screen which shows the current name of the bank.  You can change this if you need to and the bank will actually be saved when you press OK (upper 8 button).

The bank consisting of the contents of the 8 registration memory panel buttons has now been saved. Note that this does not empty the buttons and they will continue to hold their contents until you load a different bank or create an empty one.

This is explained in the section 'Saving your Registration Memory to the User drive' starting on page 53 of the Tyros2 Owner's Manual and although it uses the User drive as an example, you should be able to use any drive as long as you can see it's tab at the top of the selection screen.   

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:19:07 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Saving registrations
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 12:47:51 AM »
Here's a step by step that I wrote more than a decade ago, but the rules still apply.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/regist/10regGD.html

Good luck,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...