Author Topic: Iphone " SE " or Iphone 6 for CHORD TRACKER APP  (Read 4426 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

Iphone " SE " or Iphone 6 for CHORD TRACKER APP
« on: June 19, 2018, 07:18:20 PM »
18th June 2018

As per Yamaha website they list the compatible devices Iphone 4S/5/5c/5s.

I can get from local phone provider FREE Iphone 6  or Iphone SE with a 2 year plan. Will these phones work with Chord Tracker APP for
GENOS keyboard??

Thanks and regards
Oz

techlectics

Re: Iphone " SE " or Iphone 6 for CHORD TRACKER APP
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:06:10 PM »
Chord tracker should work on both the SE and the 6. I would recommend you go with the 6, it has a faster processor and larger screen than the SE.

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »
Thanks for the input.

Will go for Iphone 6.

Regards
Oz

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 07:23:33 AM »
Hi Oz,

I installed Chord Tracker app on my WiFi only 12.9 inch ipad pro (2017) and it works fine.

Thanks,
Paul

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 07:22:02 PM »
Hi Paul,

With Ipad 12.9" can you display lyrics so our vocalist can have a separate screen to view lyrics and my wife
can used the Genos LCD screen.

Do you need special cable to connect the Ipad to any of the USB Port??

Wireless may not work as we play for various seniors homes and WIFI may be an issue!!

Your advice suggestions is greatly appreciated.

IPHONE 6 - My phone provider may waive off the penalty charges to break the contract and will offer Iphone 6 which I believe can be upgraded to IOS10.

Contemplating whether to use Iphone 6 or invest in 12.9" Ipad (as currently I am using 19" TV as monitor screen to display lyrics and connecting the TV with RGA & USB connector)

Regards
Oz

Offline zionip

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 09:08:32 PM »
Oz,

I do not quite get what you want to achieve with a 12.9" iPad Pro and a 19" TV as external Genos display.

Do you want both the vocalist and your wife to see lyrics screen from the Genos LCD screen at the same time?  If so, you just have to buy a RGB splitter to split the RGB output into 2 RGB outputs, which connect to 2 TVs / LCD monitors.  I personally connect Genos to 2 external LCD monitors through USB to HDMI adapter, HDMI 4x2 matrix switch (4 inputs, 2 outputs).  You can substitute the HDMI matrix switch with a HDMI splitter.  HDMI is more compact, convenient and advanced than RGB connections.

If you want to use the Genos registration to bring up music sheets on the 12.9" iPad Pro using Songbook+ for your vocalist, whereas your wife continues to use the Genos LCD screen plus external LCD TV, then you will have to choose one of the following options for the iPad Pro of your vocalist:

1.  Wired solution:  Buy a Lightning to USB camera connection kit, and connect your Genos to the iPad Pro using a USB to host cable (aka USB printer cable) betwen the "To Host" port at the back of Genos, and the USB port of the Lightning to USB camera connection kit that plugs into the Lightning port of your iPad Pro.
See page 4 of the following document for concept and diagram:
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/6/725646/iphone_ipad_connect_en_i0.pdf

2.  Bluetooth wireless solution:  Buy the Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth wireless MIDI adapter and install it on Genos MIDI B In and Out ports, and your iPad Pro will discover it and connect to it.

There are also other third party bluetooth MIDI adapters that you can use.  I tested and use Yamaha MD-BT01 since it is one of the 'official' accessories of Genos.

Thanks,
Paul

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 09:26:20 PM »
Thanks Paul.

Rushing now for a Gig and will look into your suggestions.

Regards
Oz