Author Topic: Assigning Sustain to Pedal  (Read 16103 times)

Reg

Assigning Sustain to Pedal
« on: June 19, 2018, 02:42:30 AM »
  I have some registrations where the foot pedal is not assigned to "sustain".  I have checked the manual and searched as well on  my genos but cannot find how to bring up the list of pedal assignments so that I can select  the sustain option.  Reg

DonM

Re: Assigning Sustain to Pedal
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 02:48:28 AM »
Hold Direct Access button and push the pedal.

Offline Ed B

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 02:51:53 AM »
Hi
See page 112 of the reference manual for complete instructions.

Manual available in this link if you do not have it.

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1131007/genos_en_rm_d0.pdf
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Reg

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 02:38:20 PM »
  Thank you Don and Ed.    Ed, page 112 of the reference manual refers to transposition and harmony.  I do not see anything there related to foot pedals.  Reg

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 04:00:24 PM »
Hi Reg,

I think that Ed B is referring to the very first version of the Reference Manual (P0-A0)!

This was very quickly replaced with version P0-B0 for Firmware version 1.10, and in this and all later versions, the relevant section is '11  Controller Function Settings' which starts on page 125, and lists the assignable functions starting on page 126.

At the time of writing, the latest version of the Reference Manual was P0-D0 for firmware version 1.30 which was released in April 2018.  The Owner's Manual has also been updated a number of times, the latest also being D0.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:06:20 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Bob88

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 02:56:33 AM »
Thank you for clarifying the page number Ian.  Reg

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 11:31:17 AM »
Hi Bob
  Press Menu and then select Assignable. Here you can set your pedal function's and save to registration bank if required. 

Offline Bob88

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 01:39:52 PM »
   Thank you Eileen.   Bob

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
Hi all, I'm trying to get a foot pedal to do fill break, I can highlight fill break to the pedal ,but when I try the pedal it reverts Back to original and nothing happens,do I have to save this somehow.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 02:40:47 PM »
Hi all, I'm trying to get a foot pedal to do fill break, I can highlight fill break to the pedal ,but when I try the pedal it reverts Back to original and nothing happens,do I have to save this somehow.

Pedal assignments are maintained on a Genos. As long as the pedal was assigned correctly, Genos will remember them. If they’re being changed on you, it must be a registration doing so.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 03:02:16 PM »
Hi I've gone through the set up as per reference manual, it shows pedal 2 fill break but nothing happens. I've given up and removed the pedal and I'll use the button. Thanks for input.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 04:11:45 PM »
Hi I've gone through the set up as per reference manual, it shows pedal 2 fill break but nothing happens. I've given up and removed the pedal and I'll use the button. Thanks for input.

If you would rather use a pedal, check to see if you have 'Registration Sequence' turned on.

If this is on, and a pedal is set for this function, then it will override the 'normal' pedal function.

I don't have a Genos, but on my Tyros4, Pedals 1 and 2 are set by default to 'Regist +' and 'Regist -', so if Registration Sequence is enabled, both pedals switch to this and stop carrying out their 'normal' functions.  I suspect that Genos is the same!

If 'Registration Sequence' is On, turn it off to enable the 'normal' functions to all pedal inputs.

There is a 'Note' about this on both pages 125 and 101 of the Reference Manual.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: abr

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 04:50:20 PM »
Congratulations,hole in one, I disabled registrations +  and reset pedal works a treat. Thanks for information.