Author Topic: I can't get insert effects to work on drum tracks in songs  (Read 3697 times)

princem007

I can't get insert effects to work on drum tracks in songs
« on: June 17, 2018, 08:12:25 PM »
Ever since I upgraded OS to 1.30 I can't get the insert effects to work on drum kits in songs.

Is anyone else experiencing the same that are trying to insert effects on the drum channel in a song.

Im tying to use the compressor to give drums more dynamics but not working whereas before I upgraded it was fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

keynote

Re: I can't get insert effects to work on drum tracks in songs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 01:58:04 AM »
I am experiencing the same thing. The insertion effects don't seem to work on the drum channel in a song. For what it's worth I never tried inserting effects on the drum channel in a song under firmware 1.2. You say it worked fine under OS 1.2 and I agree it doesn't seem to work under OS 1.30. Yamaha needs to be aware of the situation so I would give them a call if possible or email them. In fact I might do that too. The more the merrier as they say. ;) Yamaha might already be aware of the situation but it doesn't hurt to remind them since doing so might compel them to release OS 1.40 in an expeditious manner. Perhaps during summer NAMM?? It would be nice if they added some extra goodies in the update too. We shall see..

Mike

princem007

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 03:44:09 PM »
Hi Mike I went from 1.10 never did 1.20 so can’t say if 1.20 had problem or not.

Disappointing a $7000 keyboard can have an issue like this.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 05:36:29 PM »
I have vers. 1.3 and have just double checked this. I can add Insert effects to the drum channel 10 and hear the changes as they are made. I can select the effect I want directly for ch10  when in the Song Channel of Mixer (Effect menu) , or I can use the Assign screen, making sure ch10 is first selected and although a little complicated it seems to work OK.
It is very similar to how you choose insert effects for styles or panel voices except you must select the appropriate song channel instead.
John
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:43:14 PM by jwyvern »

keynote

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »
I double checked it again and John is right. I must have overlooked something along the way because now it is working okay. I probably forgot to select the appropriate song channel the first time around. My bad. Thank you for your fastidious fortitude John!  8) And hopefully princem007 will revisit this thread and view your post also. I'm still looking forward to OS update 1.40.  :)

Mike

princem007

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 02:03:21 PM »
still can't add insertion effects to drum tracks even on version 1.40. help

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 02:25:45 PM »
Even on 1.40 it is working correctly (no surprise here).
How about telling us about your workflow, then we may see where you're in error.
Regards, Michael

princem007

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 04:04:17 AM »
I found a workaround by going into line out and changing drum/percussion to
“Depends on part “. This seemed to fix issue however if I want to send to line  outs 3-6 the insert drops out.

For now it will be set to “depends on part”

Without the compressor on drums it seriously lacks punch on the drum sounds.