Author Topic: GNS MS01 System for Genos  (Read 32082 times)

Offline olivier

GNS MS01 System for Genos
« on: June 17, 2018, 05:43:28 PM »
Hello,
I bought a genos without the GNS M S01 system. I have connected Alesis M1 Active 520 speakers. I'm not happy with the sound result. I am considering buying the GNS MS01. I ask the opinion of the users of these speakers intended for the Genos. Do you think the result will be better than the Alesis. There are also the BOSE but it's too expensive for me.

tyrosman

Re: GNS MS01 System for Genos
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 05:48:59 PM »
yes far better because there made for genos

Antonio

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 05:59:16 PM »
Surely. The GNS M101, is an excellent solution and also pleasant from the musical point of view. Sufficiently powerful for a home environment.
The dynamic range is very present and satisfying.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 07:34:03 PM »
I have used Genos speakers from day one back in November and have been more than pleased with them. Of course if you were playing for a large venue then you would need to use larger equipment but for home they are ideal.

The following users thanked this post: Theoberg

Offline soryt

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 08:58:21 PM »
Oliver,

The alesis speakers are made for average computer listening  , real studio monitors ( from 8" inch) wil give more punch and dept to the sound of
keyboards and synths .
The Gns speakers are nice if you dont have other equipment , but if you invest in a pair of good monitors ans a decent audio interface  (i use Focusrite Scarlett8i6 and a pair of  Tannoy 8D reveal)
you have for a lot of years joy with them on all the boards you will buy.
As a altenative you can buy a small Pa set like the LD Dave 8Roadie or the HK Audio Lucas Nano 302 , they sound very nice and easily to use in youre home setting (small enough), and if you play for a smal audience you have the right equipment .

Soryt  :) 
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 01:02:02 AM »
Yamaha DXR8's

Worth the money and will last forever

QUALITY at low level volume and ideal if you want more power at a party or whatever.
You may buy three more keyboards in 12 years and these speakers will seem cheap by then.
As you know different speakers from Yamaha workstations each time a keyboard release and the bass box and small satalites sound a little tinny and boomy. Not worth £300.
Speakers have no moving parts ,so these speakers will last most of our lifetimes out

These also have a 5 year guarantee and are also built like a tank.

Once tuned in to your room they are just quality.
If you do not smoke these are a bargain ::) ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:06:08 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 06:27:40 AM »
I have the Genos speakers which I purchased with the Genos back in November 2017 and I am very happy with them for home use as they are quite loud. I have a two MAUI 28 G2 pa's @ 1000 watts RMS per side for venues outside the house.

Murray
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 04:40:03 PM by mcbrown »
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

The following users thanked this post: rumcake

Online Graham UK

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 09:32:33 AM »
ugawoga. Your Quote. Speakers have no moving parts ,so these speakers will last most of our lifetimes out

Having worked in speaker manufacture I can state....
Speakers do have moving parts. Voice Coils & Cone surrounds all move, any of these can and do fail depending how they are driven.
DGX670

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 10:51:24 PM »
I agree Graham,
  You can easily blow a coil out with wrong usage.

Lloyd E

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 01:14:23 AM »
The Genos speakers are excellent for home use. Be sure and the volume knobs are approx. to the limit. This makes the speakers really do their job.   Lloyd

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 11:09:51 PM »
The speaker(s) I use for home use are usually the one(s) I will be gigging with.  This week I’ve been using my JBL Eon One. 

Many times I will use my Bose S1 speakers.  Pricey, but what a wonderful sound and they work well for smaller gigs.

If I don’t want to blow out my neighbors or my family. I just use a headset...great sound.

:)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:12:43 PM by guitpic1 »
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 11:16:40 PM »
Hi Graham--You know what I really mean without going too techy.

If you treat speakers or powered speakers with respect they will last years
I have had a pair of Wharfdale Black Diamond powered speakers since 1982 and use them for the old  Yamaha Dsr 2000 and Technics Kn 2000, computer and taking away with me .
Also they were left on 24/7 with my computer over the last seven years as I always forgot to turn them off.
More proof is that I purchased a pair of Goodman tower speakers with amp way back for dinning room hi-fi at low volumes of course, £ 80. They are pretty good quality, no moving parts. Argos bargain. Things like that you can pick up at a bargain price. Argos soon stopped selling them as I think they were undersold. Should of at least been worth £300.
Things like record players ,Cd players a different kettle of fish.
My Marantz hi-fi system is In the main lounge.
As we all know you drive speakers with an amp half the power of them, so plenty of headroom is there.
So, the next three Yamaha keyboards will have their own set of speakers costing £300 a set ,which equals £900.
I looked at that scenario and purchased a great pair of  Yamaha speakers  for £950 and the DXR 8 's are quality and do not need a boombox.
The £300 pair of Yamaha speakers that go with these keyboards are rubbish for the price. Tinny with boom boom ,no depth or quality.
The Rolls Royce Genos being driven by a Ausin Rover mini speakers and a Russian Trabant boom box. Jeremy Clarkson type of quote!!Top Gear!!
For people satisfied with them, It is their choice but In my opinion I would not go back to them.
Yes, they are sufficent for the home, but to me sound like a cheap radio with a thudding cardboard  boom box on the floor. You also get a load of battery wires supplied with them configured like Clapham Junction.
The DXR 8'S have front ports for bass and do not rebound off the wall at the back and at low volume ---"Heaven"!! ). These are great for that crisp hi-fi type sound and for mixing a small pair of monitors will do.
If you did want to do a small hall or small gig ,these would also be perfect and even a party.
Golden rule --- Speakers twice the wattage of an amp and then no problems. Also other little things like pulling the plug out of the wall at high volume switched on. "Bang"!!
Amps go on forever ,but speaker cones can always be replaced and tweeties.
If you are Into Motorhead ,them maybe you could blow the bl**dy doors off as Michael Caine quotes :o Italian Job.
The only trouble I had with speakers was when I was 15. I got six old car speakers and wired them up to a Dansette record player and Jimi Hendrix was going great for a minute and suddenly there was a huge bang at the plug socket In the wall and a black mark all the way up to the ceiling on the wallpaper. Dad was not very pleased at that time.
Just imagine " I reached up to the top of the mountain and chopped It down with the ledge of my hand" BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!! ;D " I won't do that again"!! ::)

Hi  guitpic1----BOSE = GREAT sound also

All the best
John :) :)  tip  ------- Put a 600watt amp on 100watt pair of  speakers and turn up to max!!! ::) :P :-[  " You will be SMOKIN'!!! :-* Yi Ha!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:21:22 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 12:38:32 AM »
I use a pair of 8-inch powered speakers by Alto.  Only 17 lbs. each.  In fact, got four of them.  Use all of them for larger venues.  Work nicely and easy to carry.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 01:28:42 AM »
Heavy Man !! ;D

Offline zionip

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 07:17:38 AM »
I have both the 2.1 Genos speakers GNS-MS01, and a pair of Yamaha HS8 near field powered 8-inch studio monitors connected to my Genos through stereo direct box and mixer.  I also have complete PA system with Crown 500W/channel stereo PA power amp and 2 decent PA speakers, plus 2 x Roland KC500 keyboard amps.  However, I am tired of having to hook up such heavy sound equipment in my music room / studio and so I quit using these PA stuff at home.

While the HS8s produce very decent, balanced, and clean sounds, and protection from being obsolete when Genos is replaced in the future, I ended up turning on the GNS-MS01 speakers only every time when I turned on my Genos, due to the convenience of operation, and its surprisingly good sounds, even better than the sounds from the 2 x Roland KC500 keyboard amps.  I agree that the GNS-MS01 speakers are very suitable for Genos home players.

Thanks,
Paul

Online Graham UK

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 09:04:08 AM »
ugawoga. YourQuote As we all know you drive speakers with an amp half the power of them, so plenty of headroom is there.

My experience show driving speakers from a smaller amplifier causes most drive unit damage because amplifier will clip early which burns out voice coils.
Using a more powerful amplifier than required and used sensibly will give a much cleaner signal for the drive units.

As the saying goes...I have been there  and got the tea shirt...Ha!!!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:06:24 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 12:15:41 PM »
Hi Graham

Never had speaker problems ever. Always looked after them
I must admit sound is a funny thing :)
My Marantz Hi -Fi  is a 40x40 watt amp using 100watt Mission speakers. Luuuvly sound.  The Genos and DXR 8's perfect,but takes a liittle fiddling to get right.
I respect your views as you have worked in that field.

All the Best
John

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:22:54 PM by ugawoga »

Offline olivier

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 04:42:42 PM »
Hello
Thank you for all your advice. I bought the GNS MS01 system.  Indeed the sounds of better quality.
However I find the volume is low.
The sound coming from right 1, 2 or 3 is less powerful than in the PSRS770 with the integrated speakers that I owned before
On  the GNS  MS01 the volume of the speaker subwoofer is maximum. On my keyboard the master volume button is 12 hours, the volume of Right 1 is on 127 and I find that the volume is not powerful enough.
What are your compressor ,equalizer, ….... settings.

Offline zionip

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 04:57:29 PM »
Hello
Thank you for all your advice. I bought the GNS MS01 system.  Indeed the sounds of better quality.
However I find the volume is low.
The sound coming from right 1, 2 or 3 is less powerful than in the PSRS770 with the integrated speakers that I owned before
On  the GNS  MS01 the volume of the speaker subwoofer is maximum. On my keyboard the master volume button is 12 hours, the volume of Right 1 is on 127 and I find that the volume is not powerful enough.
What are your compressor ,equalizer, ….... settings.

Hi Olivier,

I had the same experience as yours on the low volume of the GNS-MS01 speakers.

I posted the following message about how I made the GNS-MS01 speakers sound much louder without detectable distortion:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41795.msg329890.html#msg329890

My current value for Mixer -> Master -> Compressor -> Output is 85, instead of the previously posted 100; Compression stays at 28, Texture at 65.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:59:53 PM by zionip »

Offline Gloria

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 03:27:43 AM »
Hi Paul,  I'm glad you're enjoying your Genos.  I thought the GNS-MS01 speakers were still on back order, did you have a delay when you ordered them?

Have fun,  ;D
Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline zionip

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 04:42:20 AM »
Hi Gloria,

How are you?

I got my GNS-MS01 speakers in late October, early November, 2017, together with Genos, when there was no shortage or delay in supply.

Initially there were a lot of somewhat negative comments in this forum on these Genos speakers.  The main 'culprit' of these speakers is that when we upgrade our Genos to something newer in the future, these speakers will be a waste of money.  Another practical problem is the default low master compressor output of Genos makes these speakers appear to sound very weak.  If we get past the upgrade issue, and focus on the convenience of easy operations, and excellent sound quality once we tweak the Genos master compressor output, then we can enjoy these GNS-MS01 speakers with Genos as a superb matched pair of musical instrument.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline olivier

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 04:33:38 PM »

Thanks  for all your information that helped me a lot.
olivier

Offline zionip

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 05:36:05 PM »
Hi olivier,

What is your current value for Mixer -> Master -> Compressor -> Output now?

Thanks,
Paul

Offline olivier

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2018, 04:30:34 PM »
Hello my current value is 85.

Offline zionip

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2018, 04:35:16 PM »
Great.  I am glad that value 85 works for your GNS-MS01 speakers.

Paul

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2018, 12:57:47 PM »
Hi Graham--

.....If you treat speakers or powered speakers with respect they will last years.....

.....The £300 pair of Yamaha speakers that go with these keyboards are rubbish for the price. Tinny with boom boom ,no
       depth or quality.

.....The Rolls Royce Genos being driven by a Ausin Rover mini speakers and a Russian Trabant boom box....

.....For people satisfied with them, It is their choice but In my opinion I would not go back to them...

....Yes, they are sufficient for the home, but to me sound like a cheap radio with a thudding cardboard  boom box on the floor.
     You also get a load of battery wires supplied with them configured like Clapham Junction.

Hi ugawoga,

I do not have the Genos speakers which probably are better than the dedicated speakers for earlier models.  (I never bought those after having them for trial).
It is interesting to read how differently experienced professional musicians judge these dedicated speakers even for just home use.  "sound like a cheap radio"  :o   all the way to "excellent"    ::)  even taking into consideration that language use has changed. (I remember an English friend of mine referring to his the Rolls Royce as "one of Britain's better makes")

I always use the same speaker system in the studio when tweaking instruments as I  use on gigs to be sure I get things right.  One reason is I have the "whole system" set up before I pack it in the car, is to  know everything functions and everything is packed.
My insurance company wants proof (a listener) in order to pay for any transport damage, which fortunately has not occurred in decades though travelling on Finnish roads is like driving on an over-sized wash board. No YAMAHA keyboard  starting with the 5700 has ever let me down.

"If you treat speakers or powered speakers with respect they will last years....."  Also my experience. My Genelec powered studio speakers lasted for a decade of gigs and were now "pensioned" not because I found something better, just could no more lift their weight. Lower weight was also a major consideration in favor of the Genos.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline EileenL

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2018, 03:34:49 PM »
I think we could talk about this subject for hours and never agree on one particular set of speakers. We each have to go for what is good in our ears for where we are playing them. I do use the Genos speakers and find them very good. They give me the sound I want at home and in no way resemble a cheap radio I use the Yamaha recomended EQ and Compressor settings plus a few other tweaks to sounds and styles and I am more than happy.

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 03:02:04 AM »
Quick question: is the cable to the subwoofer long enough for a Genos to be placed atop an acoustic grand piano?

Thanks!
Joe
Yamaha Genos  |  Young Chang G-185 Grand  |  Hauptwerk / Paramount  |  Band-In-A-Box Audiophile Edition

Offline zionip

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 03:43:53 AM »
Quick question: is the cable to the subwoofer long enough for a Genos to be placed atop an acoustic grand piano?

Thanks!
Joe

Hi Joe,

The cable to the subwoofer is close to 7 feet, and the subwoofer connection port is located near the right hand side at the back of Genos when you view from the front of the Genos.

As an example, I have a 6.5-ft grand piano, with width of about 4 ft 10 in, and height of about 3ft 3 in (on a piano spider with big wheels).  If you place the subwoofer on the left hand side of the grand piano, with your Genos on top of the grand piano, then the cable to the subwoofer is not long enough unless you shift your Genos a bit to the left side of the grand piano.  However, there is plenty of slack of the subwoofer cable if you place the subwoofer on the right hand side of the grand piano.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2018, 03:55:13 AM »
Hi Joe,

The cable to the subwoofer is close to 7 feet, and the subwoofer connection port is located near the right hand side at the back of Genos when you view from the front of the Genos.

As an example, I have a 6.5-ft grand piano, with width of about 4 ft 10 in, and height of about 3ft 3 in (on a piano spider with big wheels).  If you place the subwoofer on the left hand side of the grand piano, with your Genos on top of the grand piano, then the cable to the subwoofer is not long enough unless you shift your Genos a bit to the left side of the grand piano.  However, there is plenty of slack of the subwoofer cable if you place the subwoofer on the right hand side of the grand piano.

Thanks,
Paul

Thank you, Paul. That is very helpful.  I do need it on the left side, but elevating the sub by a few inches should work.  Again, thanks for your reply.

Joe
Yamaha Genos  |  Young Chang G-185 Grand  |  Hauptwerk / Paramount  |  Band-In-A-Box Audiophile Edition

Offline overover

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2018, 04:04:52 AM »
Hi Joe,

if the original cable is too short, you could also use an extension cable (Mini-DIN 8-pin):

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2018, 03:01:48 PM »
Hi Joe,

if the original cable is too short, you could also use an extension cable (Mini-DIN 8-pin):

Best regards,
Chris

Excellent suggestion, Chris, thanks!

Joe

Offline torben

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2019, 06:09:04 PM »
Hi

i have just bought the gns ms01. I have connected them to my Genos and expected them ready to play immediately. Sound on the subwoof is set to max. I get no sound at all. System is on (blue light). Using my main outputs and Yamahaha Stagepas 600 everything works fine. Any ideas? Probably a broken cable ...  :'(

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2019, 06:54:07 PM »
Hi Torben,

Check the 'Speaker' setting  on your Genos!

Press Menu > touch Menu 2 > Utility > Speaker/Connectivity

The 'speaker' that this setting refers to is the Yamaha GNS system.  The main outputs are not switched by this setting.

If this is set to 'OFF', then that is your problem.

Touch it to open and select from 'Headphone Switch', 'On' (or 'Off').

'On' - GNS system always on
'Headphone Switch' - GNS system muted when headphones are connected.
'Off' - you have seen first hand what this does!

Tip: I would turn down the volume and Bass levels on the sub unit first!  :o

Regards

Ian   
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:56:22 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline torben

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2019, 06:40:45 AM »
Hi Ian

Thanks! Now there is a very weak sound from the gns speakers - but it is only hearable when I turn up all the mixers to max!  So what can I do? HELP - please! :'(

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2019, 03:55:46 PM »
Hi Torben,

Did you select 'On' or 'Headphone Switch' for the  Speaker/Connectivity setting?

If you have set it to 'Headphone Switch', could there be a 6mm to 3.5mm plug adapter left in the headphone socket?

Do you get good sound levels from headphones?

The signal sent to the GNS system varies with the Master Volume control on the keyboard.  Is this set very low?

The multi pin plugs on these units are a bit fragile. Have you tried unplugging and carefully inserting them again?

Finally, I suggested that you turn down the controls on the GNS unit so that if it started working when you changed the Speaker/Connectivity setting it did not blow your ears off!  I assume that you have adjusted them up to suitable levels since.

Regards

Ian

Offline elvisfigredo

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2019, 02:28:42 AM »
Hi Ian, There is a volume knob at the back of the bass unit of the Genos speakers. Looks like it might be turned to the minimum. Try turning it up. Hope this helps. Cheers

Offline jugge

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2019, 11:56:12 AM »
I have been using the iLoud micro monitor since last year and I am really impressed with the sounds those small speakers generates - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloudmm/
Still thinking on getting GNS MS01 system mainly because of the lack of a subwoofer in my system, but not sure it will be worth it. Has anyone compared both of those speakers?
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2019, 09:01:42 PM »
Hello my current value is 85.

85 ???????

I thought the meaning of life was 49 ;D     WHY!! "Why not"!!

Offline Tommy 73

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 04:24:24 AM by Tommy 73 »
Yamaha Montage M8x : Korg PA5X 76  : Roland Jupiter 80 : Waldorf STVC : Roland Integra 7 : Waldorf Streichfett : Focal Trio6 ST6 : Studio Outboards/RME Audio Interface/A&H Mixer :

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2019, 10:38:23 PM »
Hi
I would say any decent  monitor speaker system would cost from £500 upwards.
Speakers last a long time and would cover the next three Genos'es,so cheaper in the long run
Better than the Yamaha Speakers GNS-MS01  supplied with battery wires.

All The Best
john :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:41:17 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2019, 10:53:51 PM »
But the advantage of the Genos/Tyros speakers is that you can get the sound at the exact right angle when you play, since they are mounted on the keyboard itself, and the satelites can be pivoted. The downside is that you can't use them for anything else.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2019, 11:28:41 AM »
Hi Toril

They may be ok for some people, but they sound tinny to me. The sub bass is like boom boom boom.  Also those thin battery wires make the whole thing cheap and nasty
For £ 300 they should be better. The system should really cost the customer £100 at the most

All the best
John
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:31:01 AM by ugawoga »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2019, 05:53:58 PM »
Agree with that John.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline jugge

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
So it's probably doesn't make any sense to sell my iLoud speakers. thanks for the input, guys.
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Bachus

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2019, 08:33:11 PM »
https://youtu.be/Hx_GtCkWwB4 https://youtu.be/i6pn6Wl4GpI https://youtu.be/Igx4poCBvQs https://youtu.be/rvpxzin6KJc

Incredible set of speakers, but 3 times as expensive as the GNS-MS1. And you can’t fit them on the genos..

For that kind of money, you could buy even better sound, like the Adam A5x or the Eve CS205 and the The Hedd type 05.

Compared to the GNS MS1, these are all nearfield monitors, aimed to sound as clean as possible. Where the GNS are build to sound as good as possible in a living room..

My point, use nearfield monitors when you want to do some professional recordings from your DAW.. use the GNS speakers when you just want to play and enjoy the Genos in your living room?

Bachus

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2019, 08:36:07 PM »
But the advantage of the Genos/Tyros speakers is that you can get the sound at the exact right angle when you play, since they are mounted on the keyboard itself, and the satelites can be pivoted. The downside is that you can't use them for anything else.

What you mean, can’t use them for anything else?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2019, 09:01:46 PM »
You could probably use them with another sound source than Genos, but it is not so practical.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Bachus

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2019, 09:59:15 PM »
You could probably use them with another sound source than Genos, but it is not so practical.

Actually it is, i switch my keyboards on when i get home, and switch them off when i go to bed...

I have an ipad connected to my modx (which is a usb audio interface). And the audio out is connected to the Genos...   i use the ipad for radio, spottify and mp3, in combination with my Genos speakers all the time since my keys moved from the music room to my living room.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2019, 10:53:28 PM »
Great! An interface sounds like a good solution!
Toril S

and PSR-47.