Author Topic: Songbook+ and Ipad Pro ?  (Read 10107 times)

Offline Bob88

Songbook+ and Ipad Pro ?
« on: June 16, 2018, 08:02:14 AM »
  I just purchased an Ipad  Pro and copied 1400 pdf(song) files from my Ipad 4 without any difficulty .  When I go into settings on the Ipad where the software programs I have  are listed, Songbook+ is not there and subsquently I do not have the option for checking for updates.   Using Songbook+  I cannot find an option there
to install updates.  Hope this makes some sense.  Looking  for some suggestions. Thanks,  Bob

Offline Al Ram

Re: Songbook+ and Ipad Pro ?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 08:40:22 AM »
Not sure to understand. 

Did you purchase and downloaded SongBook + to the iPad . . . ?

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 08:54:47 AM »
I’m with Al. I don’t understand.

Let’s start at the beginning. Is the app on your iPad? If not, go to the App Store, and download it.

If it is on your iPad, there shouldn’t be any "updates" you need to install. What is it you’re trying to do.

And finally, how did you copy your 1400 PDFs? Using iTunes?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 10:48:16 AM »
   I just typed a lengthy reply and was about to send it and it disappeared.  Here goes again.  I purchased Songbook+  some time ago for my Ipad 4.  I just bought a new Ipad Pro 12.9 inch.    The seller(dealer) actually transferred
the pdf (song) files from the Ipad 4 to the Ipad Pro.  Songbook + is up to date.  My question referred to the main page of the Ipad Pro where a Settings icon is located.
Clicking on that icon reveals programs that are installed and there is an option to see if updates are there for listed programs if they become available.  Because Songbook+ is not on that list for whatever reason, how do I receive future updates? I could not find that option within the Songbook+ program.   Sorry,I cannot explain it any better.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 01:07:54 PM »
   I just typed a lengthy reply and was about to send it and it disappeared.  Here goes again.  I purchased Songbook+  some time ago for my Ipad 4.  I just bought a new Ipad Pro 12.9 inch.    The seller(dealer) actually transferred
the pdf (song) files from the Ipad 4 to the Ipad Pro.  Songbook + is up to date.  My question referred to the main page of the Ipad Pro where a Settings icon is located.
Clicking on that icon reveals programs that are installed and there is an option to see if updates are there for listed programs if they become available.  Because Songbook+ is not on that list for whatever reason, how do I receive future updates? I could not find that option within the Songbook+ program.   Sorry,I cannot explain it any better.

The setting you are referring to will automatically install updates when they are available. So turn it on.

The program listing has nothing to do with updates. It allows you to specify other settings for the programs listed. SongBook is not there because all settings are set within the program.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline alanclare

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »
This thread is a good example of how diffuse (if that’s the right word) this forum is getting. Since I am not the owner of a Genos, I should not normally have scanned this area for threads relevant to my interests, but this one, being about Songbook and the iPad Pro, is very relevant to me, and I only came across it by accident.

My instrument is a PSR-s970 and that has its own area on the forum, but I suspect that many threads in the category PSR-s975 would be of interest to me, a probably also many of those posted in the Genos area like this one. However, since I don’t have time to look at all the threads in all the boards that might possibly contain threads of interest, I have to accept the fact that I might be missing useful information.

Or do I?

Alan

Offline zionip

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 10:32:21 PM »
  I just purchased an Ipad  Pro and copied 1400 pdf(song) files from my Ipad 4 without any difficulty .  When I go into settings on the Ipad where the software programs I have  are listed, Songbook+ is not there and subsquently I do not have the option for checking for updates.   Using Songbook+  I cannot find an option there
to install updates.  Hope this makes some sense.  Looking  for some suggestions. Thanks,  Bob

Hi Bob,

Songbook+ does not show up in the iPad Pro's Settings of Apps.  Songbook+ also does not have any update related options / settings within the Songbook+ App itself.  This is normal Songbook+ setup 'behavior'.  You do not have to worry about how to get the future updates of Songbook+.  When future updates are available, your iPad Pro will prompt you to update Songbook+.  When I purchased Songbook+, it was version 3.2.0.  A few months later, Songbook+ was updated to version 3.2.1, which is the current version.

You can press the "..." icon within Songbook+ App, then press "About Songbook+...", then press "About Songbook+..." again to check for its version number, which is currently 3.2.1.  It also shows the number of files in different categories that it manages.  I am sure you already knew this, since you mentioned that your Songbook+ is already up to date.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:46:31 PM by zionip »

Offline Bob88

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 02:24:28 AM »
   Thank you Paul. A clear explanation as always.  I have just purchased a MD-BT01
and my next challenge will be linking registrations to pdf song files.  Bob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 02:34:09 AM »
Alan and Fred:   Thanks to both for your responses.  I clicked on Paul's posting before I noticed you had replied.   My query has been ressolved.  Thanks again. Bob

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 07:17:30 AM »
   Thank you Paul. A clear explanation as always.  I have just purchased a MD-BT01
and my next challenge will be linking registrations to pdf song files.  Bob

Bob,  I purchased an MD-BT01 based on discussions here, it works like a charm and it’s great no wires needed.  Good luck it works seamlessly.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline emmaco

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 08:10:11 PM »
does yamaha offer the license to buyers of genos ?
If not, I wonder why Yamaha talked about Songbook+ and incorporates it into his documentation ?
I thought there was a deal between Yamaha and Songbook.
It’s not for the 50 € you have to pay for the complete version, but i was wondering why yamaha was talking about this software and not another one in its promotion guide if they don’t offer the software to Genos buyers.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 10:39:34 PM »
does yamaha offer the license to buyers of genos ?
If not, I wonder why Yamaha talked about Songbook+ and incorporates it into his documentation ?
I thought there was a deal between Yamaha and Songbook.
It’s not for the 50 € you have to pay for the complete version, but i was wondering why yamaha was talking about this software and not another one in its promotion guide if they don’t offer the software to Genos buyers.

Yamaha also talk about iPads in their documentation, but don’t include one with a Genos. Same thing with pedals. Or speakers. Or style files. Or midis.

It’s your choice how you accessorize your keyboard.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Bob88

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 10:59:58 PM »
   Thanks Stephen re comments about the MD-BT01.  I'm looking forward  to linking registrations with  pdf files.  Bob

Offline emmaco

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »
Yamaha also talk about iPads in their documentation, but don’t include one with a Genos. Same thing with pedals. Or speakers. Or style files. Or midis.

yes, you're right, but the program is clearly put forward by yamaha in its product guides while it is not a home product unlike Cubase.
I thought they had an agreement.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:28:20 PM by emmaco »