Author Topic: Convert .ppi to .ppf  (Read 67889 times)

Offline imzain786

Convert .ppi to .ppf
« on: June 14, 2018, 03:45:27 PM »
Dear all,
i hope you are fine.
can any one tell me, i found my customized  .ppi expansion file of my PSR s970, how can i import or view this file without installation on keyboard.
 i want to check , what is inside this .ppi file .
how can i check or make editable or any way to convert .ppi to .ppf
 please help me soon

regards
zain

Offline zionip

Re: Convert .ppi to .ppf
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 04:01:24 PM »
Hi Zain,

You can convert PPF file to PPI file through the use of YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager), but not from PPI file to PPF file.

Please read the following thread for further details:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41071.msg323185.html#msg323185

Thanks,
Paul

Offline imzain786

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 06:23:58 PM »
Dear zionip,
how can i check this file ? i don't have any idea about it. what is inside in this folder.
 is there any way to check this

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:07:33 PM »
Sorry, you cannot do *anything* with a ppi file except install it onto the model of keyboard it was intended for.

Offline zionip

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »
By doing so, all your currently installed expansion packs will be overwritten / wiped.  You really want to make sure that you have a backed up PPI or CPI file of your currently installed expansion pack(s) on your keyboard before loading the PPI file with which the contents you do not know from your USB stick.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:35:06 PM by zionip »

jexino

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 10:17:18 PM »
Hi Zain

attached find you my StyleExtractor application that i wrote last year ;-)
This is a .Net program for extracting styles (inc. Audio Styles) from ppi / ppf packs.  8)

>>> Download StyleExtractor V1.0.0.5

Edit: New download link for StyleExtractor
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 08:42:11 PM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: Ed B, Jacob, pethep, pchan, wersianer, sarathnmusic

Offline zionip

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »
Hi Zain

This is a .Net program for extracting styles (inc. Audio Styles) from ppi / ppf packs.  8)

HI Jexino,

I forgot about your useful program that can extract contents from both ppi and ppf files.  It is very useful.

Thanks,
Paul

Antonio

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 01:29:14 AM »
Hallo Zionip

I would like to ask how to turn ca 250 Styles (sty files) into a ppi / ppf file in a way to have a style collection, always in the same place with a single file?

Thank you very much and Regards :D

Antonio

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 01:37:02 AM »
Hi Zain

Very useful, Jexino !

Many thanks

Offline zionip

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 01:54:53 AM »
Hallo Zionip

I would like to ask how to turn ca 250 Styles (sty files) into a ppi / ppf file in a way to have a style collection, always in the same place with a single file?

Thank you very much and Regards :D

Antonio,

Please refer to Yamaha Expansion Manager Owner's Manual Page 9 "Creating Your Own Original Packs" for details:
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/3/1136733/yamaha_expansion_manager_en_om_v250_h0.pdf

You can "Import contents" from other expansion packs through the corresponding PPF files, including voices and styles in the packs, to you own pack, but the YEM owner's manual did not mention whether or not it supports importing style files directly without going through the PPF files.

Thanks,
Paul

Antonio

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 02:07:43 PM »
Thanks Zionip, you are a true encyclopedia. Always accurate
 :) :)

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 11:00:59 PM »
There is also YEM Content Explorer.  But it won't extract pack Voices.  If you want the Voices... you will have to get the .ppf (Project File) to load into the YEM.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43547.msg344073.html#msg344073

This program will extract every file in the pack but NOT pack Voices.

Joe H
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:02:58 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Antonio

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 11:37:44 PM »
Wow, very nice, thank You and also Valimaties !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 03:44:20 AM »
The YEM Content Explorer will also generate Voice Definition files for the MixMaster, PadMaker, and Padmaker-Midi, 

http://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

It will also generate Voice files for StyleMagic and MidiWorks from midisoft.pl.

http://www.midisoft.pl/en/

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline terryB

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 01:18:09 PM »
Hi
But what is a CPF file ? ???
In my downloads of purchased packs from Yamaha, this is the file extension.
I have just downloaded a pack from easy sounds which includes both ppi and ppf, I assume I load the ppf file into extension manager   :-\ 
Cheers
Terry

Offline Joe H

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »
Hi
But what is a CPF file ? ???
In my downloads of purchased packs from Yamaha, this is the file extension.
I have just downloaded a pack from easy sounds which includes both ppi and ppf, I assume I load the ppf file into extension manager   :-\ 
Cheers
Terry

You can load the .ppf into Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) and load the .ppi directly into your keyboard, but as stated above if you load the .ppi into your keyboard, it will wipe-out all your current packs.  So... It is better to load the .ppf into YEM and combine that pack with any other packs you wish to have installed on your keyboard.  That is what YEM is for... to combine several packs into a single file that can be loaded into the keyboard.

Joe H

Offline overover

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 10:01:21 PM »
... But what is a CPF file ? ???
In my downloads of purchased packs from Yamaha, this is the file extension. ...

Hi Terry,

CPF means "Crypted Project File". This is the copy protected format of Yamaha Premium Packs (and also of Packs from some other commercial manufacturers).

CPF files can be imported into YEM just like PPF files ("Pack Project File"). But the difference is, a CPF file can only be used on ONE paricular keyboard (for which it was created on the basis of the instrument info file of that keyboard).

BTW: In contrast to Packs that come in PPF format, you can NOT EDIT the Voices in a CPF Pack in YEM.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:04:13 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline terryB

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 08:12:58 AM »
Thanks Chris and Joe, all is clear now  :)

Cheers
Terry

nihal18

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 03:50:50 AM »
Hello,
I downloaded the StyleExtractor_V1.0.0.4.zip and ran the .exe file.
I located the .ppi file in my hard drive, and it automatically provided the saved file location, but when I clicked the "extract" button, it ran a green bar but I did not see anything saved to my file location!
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Nihal18

Offline overover

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »
... I downloaded the StyleExtractor_V1.0.0.4.zip and ran the .exe file.
I located the .ppi file in my hard drive, and it automatically provided the saved file location, but when I clicked the "extract" button, it ran a green bar but I did not see anything saved to my file location!
What am I doing wrong? ...

Hi Nihal18,

first of all, please download the updated (bugfixed) version 1.0.0.5 of "StyleExtractor" program:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,44290.msg369236.html#msg369236

Are you talking of a .ppi file on your PC's hard drive, OR did you try to open the (very small) .ppi file that is in "Expansion" folder on your T5 hard disk e. g. in the User drive of your Genos?

That small .ppi file, located in "Expansion" folder (stored there when installing a .ppi file that was made when using "Save as Pack Install File" function in YEM), does NOT contain any Styles.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:09:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline bernamato

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 04:38:29 PM »
Idea:
for each style inside the pack it could be nice to know which sound/voice is linked to. For example: main A is linked to sound/voice in the pack on the bass, chord 1, chord 2 etc., main B is linked to sound/voice in the pack for each part....etc.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 11:46:37 AM »
HI Jexino, thanks a lot for the update of your software 'Style Extractor V1.005"; Styles and voices can be called from USB and that's perfect for me: congratulations and have a nice week, cheers Patrick

;) :D :)

MinhPham

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2018, 01:51:54 PM »
Does anyone know where I can download StyleExtractor version 1.0.0.5? Thanks

Offline zionip

MinhPham

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2018, 03:45:20 PM »
zionip, thank you very much.

MinhPham

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2018, 03:58:02 PM »
zionip,

I just used the Styleextractor and converted PPI file and its converted the file extension so .VCE. How do I convert to PPF or do you know YEP can read the .vce file?
Thanks

MinhPham

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2018, 01:44:03 PM »
Does anyone know how to convert .VCE to .PPF? I used the Styleextractor and extracted .PPI file to .VCE. I have no idea what to do next.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 03:20:33 PM »
PPI files just can not be converted to PPF. You need to buy the pack that has PPF files on it.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 07:00:10 PM »
MinhPham...

Read HERE what means VCE...

VCE files are Modified voices sttings ONLY. Does not contain any of samples inside. If you look to file size you will see something like 2-3 Kb, or near. A sample voice has much bigger size, because contains waves samples inside.

There is NO software for know to extract voices from PPI or PPF files.
If PPI Extractor extracts VCE (really?! :) ) then Edited: you have to load this vce in Yamaha Expansion Manager as a content in a custom pack. But if you don't have the waves installed, the vce is useless.

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 12:01:40 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

MinhPham

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 12:15:09 AM »
The YEP wont read .VEC. I got the PPI file but I only want couple sound from PPI, that's why I was trying to see if I can just select the one I want.

Offline zionip

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2018, 07:05:53 AM »
Hi MinhPham,

The only way for you to selectively choose the sounds is from PPF or CPF files through YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager).  PPI or CPI files are for simple direct installation on the keyboard only, which will erase your existing installed expansion packs.

Usually we have to pay to get the PPF or CPF file in order to integrate them into YEM for selective installation.  Your pursuit of converting PPI file to PPF file, or extract expansion sounds from PPI file is just a waste of time.  You will be better off by buying the expansion pack that you want, in order to get the PPF file.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 07:09:51 AM by zionip »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 04:58:35 AM »
Does anyone know how to convert .VCE to .PPF? I used the Styleextractor and extracted .PPI file to .VCE. I have no idea what to do next.

A .vce file is a simple Standard MIDI File (SMF) that stores the setup parameters for the LEFT, R1, R2, and R3 Voices.  When we select a Voice on the keyboard, the Voice (Sound) is loaded then immediately the .vce file is loaded to "enhance" the sound.

We can alter the .vce file ourselves and save the Voice as a "User Voice".

We can't load the .vce file into YEM as Content (unfortunately) because the COMMON Voice Parameters in YEM are converted to the .vce when the Voice pack is installed on our keyboards.  So what I do is load my custom voice pack into the keyboard open Voice Set make my edits and  then save the file to my USB drive.  Then I go back to YEM and match up my edits in Voice Set using the COMMON Parameters in YEM's Voice Editor.

It's a little too convoluted and a protracted process for me but that's what we got so far. I hope this explanation clears things up for you.

Joe H
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 05:00:34 AM by Joe H »

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2022, 11:03:50 AM »
Hi Team

Kindly let me know if  there any chance to covert .ppf or .ppi files to vce ? Kindly help if any software there to convert.

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2022, 12:02:06 PM »
Hi Team

Kindly let me know if  there any chance to covert .ppf or .ppi files to vce ? Kindly help if any software there to convert.

You should READ a little before ask, the answer is just above on this thread.
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline EileenL

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2022, 12:27:02 PM »
You have asked this question on another tread and I have given
 you the same answer as above. Why would you want to do this anyway.