Author Topic: Style Tweaking During Play  (Read 3443 times)

kmonroe99

Style Tweaking During Play
« on: July 13, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »
I'm still selecting keyboards and I'm down to the S775 or Roland EA7.  I don't have access to music shops, and the closest one has extremely limited physical stock anyway.  I'm checking videos and reading the manuals...

On the S775, can I adjust the volume of the parts in a style while I'm playing?  If I'm reading the manual correctly, it seems like maybe I can do it with the programmable knobs or maybe the mixer screen?

Thanks

Offline DerekA

Re: Style Tweaking During Play
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 01:21:23 PM »
The mixer screen will let you adjust the volume, pan, filter, resonance, reverb depth and even voice of each individual style part in real time while it is playing.

You use the buttons below the screen to adjust the values for each part up or down. You can also use the wheel to adjust the value on the currently selected part.

The equivalent options on the programmable knobs affect all style parts at once.
Genos

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 04:45:02 PM »
I am kind of wondering why you would need to adjust the parts of a style while playing live. If you know the style you want to use for a song, set it all up before you go to the gig.

You can adjust on the fly, but you only have two hands. To adjust any thing other than the volume of the instrument voice in your right hand, ain't that easy to get to. You can set up a registration bank to contain your favorite 8 voices. Then when you select a Random style to play a song, easily section one of the 8 voices and have it's volume preset to your taste.

Regards
Drake

kmonroe99

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 04:55:56 PM »
It's just a comparison point between the PSR keyboard and a Roland EA7 keyboard.

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »
What do you want from the keyboard??
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

kmonroe99

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 05:26:24 PM »
Less than 88 keys
Good keyboard feel; I don't expect fully weighted, graded feel at less than 88 keys
High quality piano and EP sounds; I've played acoustic piano for a while
Good selection of voices/styles, including World music
Chord management meaning 1,2,3 finger chords, arps
Ease of use/learning curve
No gigging; home use only

I've been trying to compare the EA7 vs the A3000 but there are few English tutorials/reviews.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:31:48 PM by kmonroe99 »