Author Topic: Strumming Ukulele  (Read 511 times)

Offline alanclare

Strumming Ukulele
« on: June 06, 2018, 08:38:48 PM »
Is it possible to generate the sound of a ukulele strumming chords?

Alan

Offline Del B

Re: Strumming Ukulele
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »
Alan
I don't know about the PRS-S970 but on the T5 under Echo/Harmony it has strum in the list of options

The following users thanked this post: pjd, alanclare

Offline alanclare

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 09:36:33 PM »
Del

Many thanks for the idea. I'm sure the answer is there somewhere.

Under Function Key/Harmony Arpeggio
Category Harmony Type Strum

This gives me a picture of what I want, but I don't know how to apply it. I've tried to apply it to an Steel Guitar, but how to make it Strum, I'm puzzled.

Alan

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 12:35:01 AM »
I have the strumming option on the S770.
When I get back home I'll test it and let you know.

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

Offline RoyceM

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 02:18:55 AM »
I'm not sure what usage you need, but in the Hawaiian style there is a ukulele. Depending on your need, other instruments can be reduced or turned off. Because I was a ukulele freak as a kid, I always turn the uke volume up.

- Royce
DGX-305, Roland E60, S900, S910, S975, Center Point Stereo Spacestation V.3
PSR Performer page

Offline alanclare

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 03:15:02 AM »
Royce

Thereís a very good uke, and a banjo. I just thought it might be easier to find out how to strum by using a guitar. But I couldnít.

Alan

Offline alanclare

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »
Surely someone out there knows if itís possible to play a chord and get the sound of a guitar/banjo/ukulele strumming?

Alan

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 04:44:15 PM »
I'm away from the keyboard at present so can't experiment. If the Strum harmony is not working for you isn't it possible to change speed etc in the Harmony settings? If it is not possible to get a credible strum sound that way can you use a suitable style with a strumming part say chd1, turn up the volume of that part and play LH chords to move the strums around appropriately?
Other than that can't you do it manually? Put say a guitar or similar in the left hand voice and play it with more rapid strumming chords yourself (instead of the usual smooth chord progressions). The style will continue to provide appropriate bass and accomp.

John
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:02:16 PM by jwyvern »

Offline alanclare

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »
John

I was hoping that there might be some way of using the Live Control feature to control the strumming speed while playing a chord, similar to that whereby we can control arpeggios.

I couldn't play repeated chords at the speed that I can play them on my ukulele. A straight chord is not the same sound as the rapid "glissando" of a guitar/ukulele strum.

Alan

Offline alanclare

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 08:12:53 PM »
John

Your suggestion of finding a suitable strumming part from a style, changing the instrument to a uke, and playing the chords (or using the ACMP) with the left hand is showing promise. Thank you.

Alan