Author Topic: CONNECTING BOSE T1 TONE MATCH TO GENOS  (Read 4983 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

CONNECTING BOSE T1 TONE MATCH TO GENOS
« on: May 27, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »
27th May 2018

I have  just purchased the YAMAHA speakers for the GENOS and playing at SENIORS HOMES (approx. 20 to 30 people) I need to connect 2 microphones and a guitar.

I have a BOSE T1 TONE MATCH with 2 OUTPUTS (Left & Right) plus 4 INPUTS (to connect 2 microphones + Guitar + Stereo 1/4" for keyboard) and was wondering if and how to connect the Bose T1 Tone Match to GENOS.

Please advise

Thanks
Oz

8t8KEEZ

Re: CONNECTING BOSE T1 TONE MATCH TO GENOS
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 12:44:34 AM »
I'm sure you've figured this out ... but, although you have the T1 Tone Match, what about the speakers??? Do you have BOSE LS1 Model II OR similar? Bose compact?

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 06:50:25 PM »
Oz, 88 is correct. I believe the Bose Tone Match unit is designed specifically for certain Bose speakers. I'm not sure, but I don't think it works with other speakers. Someone with more experience may know better.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 06:51:44 PM »
88, I'm not even sure the Tone Match works with the Compacts. I use two of them and they have a stripped down Tone Match built right in, I believe.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »
If for whatever reason the Bose T1 does not work for you . . . . i have this small mixer

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-502-BEHRINGER-XENYX/dp/B000J5UEGQ

that allows me to connect Genos, Bose L1 speakers, additional guest mics, you can also mix a guitar and audio devices such as iPod, etc.   It is very light and inexpensive at $40.    Everything together, the mixed sound goes to the Bose speakers. 

Hope it helps.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Agreed, Al. I've used various Behringer products and have never been disappointed. Thanks for chiming in :).

Offline mark fernando

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 08:26:47 PM »
Hi,
If you have Bose T1 and Yamaha Powered speakers I think you can connect as follows:
- T1 need to have separate power supply if you do not have specific Bose L1 model
- connect all your mics to T1
- connect L+R out put from keyboard to T1 5/6 (please note T1 has one mono balanced output , so whatever you connect to stereo will be summed and come out from main out as mono)
- connect main out put from T1 to Yamaha powered speaker one line input
- take a through signal out from that speaker and connect to other speaker
- apply all dynamics, EQ to each channel as you wish

Note: above will be mono as T1 main out put is not stereo (the new model T1S presently come with stereo output)

however  still you can use T1 as a stereo as following:
-connect keyboard L+R out put to two mic. channels(1,2,3,or 4) 
-connect main out put to one speaker
- edit T1 settings now (mic. line input to take line inputs)
- edit T1 settings and root one of the mic. inputs to Aux. (1 or 2)
- connect the Aux. 1 or 2 output to other speaker
- apply all dynamics, EQ to each channel as you wish   
- save that settings so you will do above only one time

T1 tone match is very powerful and clean digital mixer. I wish Bose include feedback destroyer facility in that in future models

Hope above will work for you.

Thanks

mark
-