Author Topic: YAMAHA DZR PA SPEAKERS & Genos....  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Tommy 73

YAMAHA DZR PA SPEAKERS & Genos....
« on: August 24, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »
Here in the UK we are still waiting for the New Yamaha DZR Speakers to arrive at the dealers which have been delayed... my question is has anyone in another country seen and heard them?... and If so more importantly tried the Genos through them ??
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:43:48 AM by Tommy 73 »
Yamaha Montage M8x : Korg PA5X 76  : Roland Jupiter 80 : Waldorf STVC : Roland Integra 7 : Waldorf Streichfett : Focal Trio6 ST6 : Studio Outboards/RME Audio Interface/A&H Mixer :

keynote

Re: YAMAHA DZR PA SPEAKERS & Genos....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 01:47:49 PM »
They are not available in the U.S. either. They should be available by the end of the summer here in the U.S. from what I understand. I would think around the same time frame for those in the U.K. too. Yamaha makes good audio equipment so I expect the DZR speakers will sound great but they are pricey.

Mike

Offline Tommy 73

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 02:18:58 PM »
Ok thanks Mike... looks like we have the same time table for a release.... as for price if they can surpass (spec's look good so far) what is already avalible at there price range compared to other manufacturers then I may be swayed after some comparable sound testing against other manufacturers... Will be interesting to see some reviews from Genos user with these later this year when they hit the streets.
Yamaha Montage M8x : Korg PA5X 76  : Roland Jupiter 80 : Waldorf STVC : Roland Integra 7 : Waldorf Streichfett : Focal Trio6 ST6 : Studio Outboards/RME Audio Interface/A&H Mixer :

Offline Tommy 73

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 05:49:12 PM »
This New Yamaha range is replacing the current DSR range which now consist of (DZR) 10 inch, 12 inch, 15 inch and a 3way 15 inch so this time it is nice to see a 10 inch speaker included in a Yamaha HI-End line-up which I am thinking of as a back line (x2) in one type of scenario or add a single sub if I use them as a front line in another type of scenario... so in comparison with what others are using not that heavy if we home in on the 10 inch speakers as single component when setting up...also cheaper if you don't include the Dante version and of course you pay a little more for the this type of Audio Fidelity (apparently as I have not tested them yet) which Genos would thrive in conjution with..one would imagen  :) http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/speakers/dzr_dxs_xlf/dzr.jsp
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:12:17 PM by Tommy 73 »