Author Topic: CONNECTING BOSE T1 TONE MATCH TO GENOS  (Read 439 times)

Offline Osvaldo De Souza

CONNECTING BOSE T1 TONE MATCH TO GENOS
« on: May 27, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »
27th May 2018

I have  just purchased the YAMAHA speakers for the GENOS and playing at SENIORS HOMES (approx. 20 to 30 people) I need to connect 2 microphones and a guitar.

I have a BOSE T1 TONE MATCH with 2 OUTPUTS (Left & Right) plus 4 INPUTS (to connect 2 microphones + Guitar + Stereo 1/4" for keyboard) and was wondering if and how to connect the Bose T1 Tone Match to GENOS.

Please advise

Thanks
Oz

Offline 8t8KEEZ

Re: CONNECTING BOSE T1 TONE MATCH TO GENOS
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 12:44:34 AM »
I'm sure you've figured this out ... but, although you have the T1 Tone Match, what about the speakers??? Do you have BOSE LS1 Model II OR similar? Bose compact?

Offline Lee Batchelor

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 06:50:25 PM »
Oz, 88 is correct. I believe the Bose Tone Match unit is designed specifically for certain Bose speakers. I'm not sure, but I don't think it works with other speakers. Someone with more experience may know better.
Current Gear: Genos, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

Offline Lee Batchelor

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 06:51:44 PM »
88, I'm not even sure the Tone Match works with the Compacts. I use two of them and they have a stripped down Tone Match built right in, I believe.
Current Gear: Genos, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »
If for whatever reason the Bose T1 does not work for you . . . . i have this small mixer

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-502-BEHRINGER-XENYX/dp/B000J5UEGQ

that allows me to connect Genos, Bose L1 speakers, additional guest mics, you can also mix a guitar and audio devices such as iPod, etc.   It is very light and inexpensive at $40.    Everything together, the mixed sound goes to the Bose speakers. 

Hope it helps.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Lee Batchelor

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Agreed, Al. I've used various Behringer products and have never been disappointed. Thanks for chiming in :).